Topic Title: Upgraded to Win8, CCC closed w/error. Failed attempt to reinstall
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/30/2012 04:35 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/30/2012 04:35 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
TechSTL
n00b

I recently upgraded my Win7 64-bit Pro machine to Win 8.  After the upgrade completed, the pre-existing version of CCC was still found in the programs list.  However, when I launched it, I got the following error:

"The are currently no settings that can be configured using Catalyst Control Center."

I decided to remove and reinstall CCC.  The uninstall was successful and I downloaded 12.10 from AMD's site.  When I launched the installer, I found that CCC was not one of the components available.  I installed it anyway hoping for the best.  Unfortunately, there appears to be no CCC, nor any way for me to setup Eyefinity.  I've uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted and done all of the same things with 12.11 beta 4.

System Specs:

MSI Z628A-GD55 (i7-2600K)
HIS H695FN2G2M Radeon HD 6970 (x2)
OCZ ZX Series 1000W PSU
3x Asus Monitors connected via DVI/DVI/DisplayPort-to-DVI
G.Skill Ripjaw memory

Are the 6900 cards not supported via CCC on Windows 8 or has something been botched?

Edited: 10/30/2012 at 07:21 PM by TechSTL
 10/30/2012 05:24 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

You may wish to download and install Driver Fusion (DF)....then uninstall CCC again, reboot into safe mode, run DF as Administrator, select AMD Graphics followed by Analyze then Clean.  Reboot when requested into your normal OS environment and install 12.10 again.  Once installed, I would recommend you reboot 2 to 3 times to ensure everything has completed configuring properly in the background before you attempt to manually set anything up.

Let us know if this helps or not, I'm sure others will bounce in and out offering advice that they have tried.

Cheers!

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

10/30/2012 08:05 PM

Author Icon
TechSTL
n00b

Thanks for the reply.  However, I think I'm worse off than I was previously.  I did as you suggested and used Drive Fusion in safemode to remove all AMD drivers.  I then booted into the normal mode and installed 12.10 after downloading it fresh from AMD.  Unfortunately now, Windows is using a standard display driver, and the max resolution available is 1280x1020.

Here are the results of the installation of 12.10:

Existing packages
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable
Packages for install
AMD Catalyst Install Manager
Final Status: Success
Version of Item: 8.0.891.0
Size: 20 Mbytes
AMD APP SDK Runtime
Version of Item: 10.0.1016.4
Size: 90 Mbytes
HDMI/DP Audio Driver
Version of Item: 8.0.0.8808
Size: 1 Mbytes

Other detected devices

Error messages

If I attempt to run the 12.10 installer again, the wizard indicates the following are already installed and up-to-date.

AMD Catalyst Install Manager 8.0.891.0

AMD APP SDK Runtime 10.0.1...

HDMI/DP Audio Driver 8.0.0.8...

Microsoft Visual C++ 201... 10.0.3...

10/30/2012 08:57 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Try downloading just the display driver install package by it self and install that on top of what you have....you didn't list that the display driver was installed...I've seen that happen before.  Sometimes I've had to go into sevice manager and find/install the driver manually.

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

10/31/2012 10:12 AM

Author Icon
TechSTL
n00b

I ran system restore yesterday and reverted prior to running Driver Fusion.  All 3 screens are working again at max resolution, but I still have the problem with CCC being non-existant, which is preventing me from using Eyefinity.  

10/31/2012 11:59 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

I would try restoring your PC again to a time before you made the initial change and see if that solves your issue.  Alternatively, try a fresh install of Win8 and see if that corrects it.  A lot of times, upgrading an OS can be problematic.

Statistics
84163 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.