Topic Title: HD6770 Missing Options after Windows 8 Upgrade
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/01/2012 10:07 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/01/2012 10:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
visioak
n00b

Went from Windoes 7 to 8, no install errors. The cata suite is missing pretty much everyhing, most importantly I am looking to get back the fan speed options. I have uninstalled. Taken the driver out. Let it "restart" without the driver. Tried to reinstall the suite again.It installed the driver, monitor resolution went back to normal but the suite is still missing all of the options. Heck, the check for update option isn't even thereAny ideas?
 11/01/2012 10:14 PM

Author Icon
ryanverdekal
n00b

you're probably going to have to wait it out like the rest of us...the scaling option is gone so my 27 inch monitor really looks like a 22 inch monitor because it has black bars on it and there's nothing i can do.

11/01/2012 10:19 PM

Author Icon
visioak
n00b

After I posted this I went to the AMD Driver site. I chose the detect automatically option. For some reason it determined that the suite I just downloaded (win 8 64 bit) was not correct.It downloaded, and now it's installing. What's interesting about this, is that the install is taking a little bit longer than the last installs I just did. It reminds me of the first time I ever installed the software for this card on this computer.I will update when it's done.
Statistics
86418 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.