Topic Title: kdbsync.exe got this error message after updateing video driver
Topic Summary: What is the fix for this
Created On: 11/08/2012 11:33 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/08/2012 11:33 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
unionjackbell
Peon

After updateing AMD Catylist my PowerDirector 10 no longer worked. After some online research I did a restore point to before I did the update. It now works. The error I got upon start my PC was the above "kdbsync.exe" not working. There is an error with the update. The current version is 8.961.0.0 so it is the update after this one. It updated after NOV 1st 2012. I don't know how long its been out but I chose the "update now" button when It showed that an update was available. If anyone out there knows anything about this it would be great if you could respond. Thanks.

-------------------------
 11/08/2012 11:57 AM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

There was a suggestion made in the thread linked below that may be of some help.  Please try it and let us know if it helped or not.

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=449&threadid=162032&enterthread=y

FYI, I also moved your thread to a more appropriate category.

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

11/10/2012 08:53 AM

Author Icon
unionjackbell
Peon

I actually went back to a previous driver with the "Restore" option with Win7. I hope that this problem will be included with all documentation going forward. One thing I think needs to be addressed is that with the update that I used there was no option afterward to "roll back" the driver in the "device manager". This should be there so it would be easier to do this.

Can you make sure this issue is included in the "update" documentation. It may be but most like me get the notice and just do an update. Maybe a "There are known issue with this update" so people will know to read all the issues and you can put in a step by step remedy.

Thank you for your help and time with this issue.

John (Jack) Bell

Statistics
88947 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.