Topic Title: Radeon HD 7570 Vista/Dell install problems
Topic Summary: I can't install Vista 32-bit drivers for my AMD Radeon HD 7570
Created On: 11/10/2012 01:34 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/10/2012 01:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Blakey43
Peon

Hi Everyone

I need some help with a AMD HD 7570 graphics card problem. It isn't found by Windows as an AMD card, it's a Standard VGA adapter.

I took a AMD Radeon HD 7570 card out of a new Dell Vostro 420 where it was working fine in Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit with an i5 processor, 4GB RAM, PSU as supplied.

I put it into a 4-year old Dell Dimension DXP061 running Vista Ultimate 32-bit with a Intel Core 2 6300 CPU @ 1.86GHz, 2.5GB RAM, PSU as supplied with the PC.

The DXP061 had a NVidia GeForce 7900 GS in it, working fine, in the same PCI Express slot. I uninstalled the NVidia drivers using Control Panel, before I removed the card.

I can't go back to where I was and I need to get the HD 7570 working in my Vista PC. At the moment its running as a Standard VGA graphics Adapter, and there is an error message showing in Device Manager:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Obviously I can use the PC, but the garphics are basic. I have installed and re-installed the latest driver package from AMD, with .Net4 support and without. I tried the Driver Automatic Detect on the AMD website, but it says "We were unable to find your product or OS" but when I click on OK, it shows a box that has detected my OS correctly, but for the card, all it says in the Graphics hardware box is "0x1002 - 0x675D PCIE" and the "Best driver" box is blank.

It looks like it's a hardware problem, and so I've double-checked and reseated the card.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be the solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

11/10/2012 01:39 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Yes...Use Driver Fusion (free) to remove all traces of previous drivers...AMD or Nvidia. Do a clean install.

*** Uninstall your old drivers using your computer control panel / uninstall a program... you will see 'AMD Install Manager' ..Express uninstall all AMD software including the installer. Reboot. Run Driver fusion (free) http://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion  select AMD graphics and delete all it finds. Reboot. Install the latest driver suite for your card. Reboot. You should be good to go.

Note: All current AMD drivers ( 12.9 and above ) require .netframework 4...Please read this before you try and install drivers http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=444&threadid=162109&enterthread=y . If you haven't installed it, the CCC panel will not work. You should disable any anti-virus/anti-malware/add blockers/etc before trying to install the drivers.

Note: choose Nvidia graphics to get rid of lingering software.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

11/10/2012 02:05 PM

Author Icon
Blakey43
Peon

Thanks for your quick reply. I'll give it a go, and report back.

Steve

11/10/2012 05:50 PM

Author Icon
Blakey43
Peon

Hi

I tried all that you advised, absolutely to the letter. I had to run Driver Fusion in safe mode to get rid of a couple of files.

Unfortunately it made no difference to the problem!

I would be grateful for any more help,

Steve

11/11/2012 03:29 PM

Author Icon
KGu
Peon

I am experiencing a similar issue. Swapped out a GT240 on a 4 yr old computer and but cannot install drivers for the 7570.

From what I'm seeing so far, it seems to be an issue with Catalyst detecting the card. If Catalyst cannot detect the graphics card, it will refuse to install the driver.

There also doesn't seem to be an option to install the drivers manually.

11/11/2012 07:05 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

I had a similar experience when I changed to my current video card. It detected it as a 4870 which was my old card. Beleieve me, I cleaned and searched everywhere..no dice. The problem, at least for me, was ghost drivers from the 4870. I posted this as a fix a year or so ago to help a poster who had this issue, but I can't find the post and it's hard to explain. Here is a video that is supposed to show you. http://benchmark3d.com/how-to-view-ghost-drivers-hidden-devices-in-windows-7

( Don't forget to "show hidden files and folders" in your device manager. ) What you are looking for are 'greyed out' software...like your old graphics card...delete it. Try a fresh install of AMD drivers then.

Edit: Here ya go!!

Problem:

After replacing or removing hardware from a computer, the device(s) are not shown in the Device Manager. This prevents the uninstalling of the device(s) which may cause system to run sluggish.

Problem:

After replacing or removing hardware from a computer, the device(s) are not shown in the Device Manager. This prevents the uninstalling of the device(s) which may cause system to run sluggish.

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=419

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

Edited: 11/11/2012 at 07:14 PM by stumped
 11/13/2012 04:07 PM

Author Icon
Blakey43
Peon

Originally posted by: stumped

Problem: After replacing or removing hardware from a computer, the device(s) are not shown in the Device Manager. This prevents the uninstalling of the device(s) which may cause system to run sluggish. http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=419

I did this and found two Radeon X1300 adapters!!

Unfortunately though, after deleting them both and rebooting, I then ran the setup file again but Catalyst Control Center still did not install and I am still using a Standard VGA adapter.

I'm beginning to think there's something fundamentally incompatible between the card and the motherboard/PCIe slot. I'll have a look at the specs when I get time.

Thanks,

Steve

Statistics
84724 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.