Topic Title: CCC feature request: Better GPU activity displays
Topic Summary: Would like to see per-process usage, and a tray icon
Created On: 11/14/2012 12:07 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/14/2012 12:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Mr_Wizard
Peon

It's nice that we can see the GPU activity dial on the OverDrive tab of CCC, but I'd really like to see per-process GPU usage like the Processes tab in Windows Task Manager. Could we have an additional tab for this in the Performance category please? Image Name, User Name, PID and Description would be useful default columns. Ideally this would just be integrated into Task Manager but I assume there's no chance of that happening till Windows 9 at the earliest...

Also, I'd like to be able to monitor overall GPU activity in the Windows tray, again as for CPU usage with Task Manager. Could you add an option to CCC to display a similar meter there?

-------------------------
 11/14/2012 01:20 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Sure. No problem. Have it out in the next driver update!

EDIT: Just kidding. This is a gaming forum. Just AMD users just like you. If you want to suggest something to AMD..look in the FAQ and get the contact number/e-mail to the AMD service in your country.

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

11/14/2012 01:27 PM

Author Icon
Mr_Wizard
Peon

Well, it was this or the developer forum. If it's hosted on AMD's website I assumed someone would be reading. It's not really a support request, just a feature request, so I didn't think they'd want it routed through tech support.

I'll try the Developer Zone forums too, I am partially interested for development reasons...

Statistics
84839 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.