Topic Title: New AMD driver has caused programs not to function correctly
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/27/2012 09:16 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/27/2012 09:16 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
stanp
Peon

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-2600 (3.40 Ghz, 8 MB Cache)
Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
RAM 8 GB
Graphics card AMD HD6670

------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

Have recently come across an irritating issue that i have no idea how to solve. The problem is that in a large amount of effects in Sony Vegas the colours are not displaying as they should. Example below:

http://i48.tinypic.com/15365jp.jpg

Some video effects also do not function properly.

I hadn't used Sony Vegas for a while, about a month or so, and in that time i installed the latest AMD driver (12.10). Now i can't say for sure that this is when the problem originated but i'm assuming it is, due to one specific reason that i'll explain a little later on.

The problem first occurred when using Sony Vegas 11, and considering there was a new Vegas out (version 12) i decided to uninstall 11 and see if things may change with Vegas 12. For a very short while they did, well the effects i had a chance to test (it crashed in literally a few minutes after i placed a video on the timeline). The crash report was the following:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: vegas120.exe
Application Version: 12.0.0.394
Application Timestamp: 5086cf03
Hang Signature: ad30
Hang Type: 256

Since then, it has not crashed again. So, reinstalling Vegas is not the issue here. I then remembered that i installed a new driver a while back (did not uninstall the old version first). So i uninstalled and reinstalled the AMD 12.10 driver. Problem persisted. I then reinstalled an earlier version, 12.8 (the version i use to use and had no problems with). Still had the same problems.

So i uninstalled version 12.8 and before reinstalling the latest version again i decided to test Sony Vegas out with no drivers installed, and everything worked fine.

So as i said above, i'm not entirely sure when the problem first started but i assume something went wrong when i first installed the new driver and ever since then it has not quite worked correctly. Does anyone know why this is happening and how i can go about solving the issue?

All help very much appreciated.

11/27/2012 09:50 AM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Installing new drivers:

Note: Any driver newer than 12.8 requires .net 4 to be installed. Please read 
http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=444&threadid=162109&enterthread=y

The following is a proven method for a 'clean' install of new drivers

1. Uninstall old drivers using computer 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel. You will see "AMD install manager"..click it and choose ' express uninstall all AMD software including the install manager.
2. Reboot
3. Run Driver Fusion (free..you do not need to buy the "Pro" version)  http://treexy.com/products/driver-fusion . Select AMD graphics and delete all it finds.
4. Reboot
5. Download the correct driver suite from AMD (do not use auto-detect) and install. http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx
6. Reboot

Certain laptop drivers and all 'switchable' graphics cannot use this method. Please read:

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=448&threadid=161340&enterthread=y

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *AMD R9 290 4gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit 

***** cetera fallunt, ludere mortuus ******

11/27/2012 10:24 AM

Author Icon
stanp
Peon

Thanks for the reply.

I have .net 4 installed.

I'll try the installation method you provided and see how it goes.

11/27/2012 10:50 AM

Author Icon
stanp
Peon

Did everything you said mate. Although when using DriverFusion it did say that the last few files would have to be cleaned by the premium version.

Installed the latest amd driver and then opened and checked if Vegas was working correctly but no luck, the problem is still there.

11/28/2012 01:14 PM

Author Icon
stanp
Peon

Anyone?

04/17/2013 08:05 PM

Author Icon
ChronicleDude
Peon

I can see this is an old topic, but i have sorta the same problem, with my new 7870 card. 

Before i got the new card that i have now 7870 i had 6970 and that worked like a charm in sony vegas pro 12. With the new amd drivers (13.1), but with the new card i cant even start sony vegas pro 12 it just crashes without any messages.

So i downloaded GPU Z to check if it had somthing to do with the Opencl stuff, and yeah GPU Z told me that my card didnt have Opencl.I know that 7870 have opencl so i decided to test the latest beta drivers (13.3) and when i installed them, Sony vegas and GUP Z started up like a charm. 

BUT when i selected use gpu in sony vegas and all the other right options. And press render, my cpu starts doing the work, and i can't  for the love of god figure out why. Ive been searching up and down google street for an answer but i cant seem to find one.  (Cheked if gpu was available in sony vegas, program says it is but wont use it)

Statistics
88944 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.