Topic Title: Mouse lag when changing cursor
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/03/2012 05:06 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/03/2012 05:06 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
myndzi
Peon

I had to reinstall Windows recently (x64, 7, Pro -> Ultimate upgrade) and I'm having a problem I didn't have before.

When the mouse cursor changes, for example from an arrow to the I-bar, there is a period of lag. It's not much - maybe 200ms? - but it's severely irritating, particularly because I know it shouldn't happen.

I have three monitors; two run on a Radeon HD 6670, and one runs on the onboard Intel HD 3000 graphics. On the "Intel" monitor, this problem doesn't occur, but on the other two it does. I tried about 4 different older Catalyst versions from around the time I built this computer, and the best luck I've had so far is with the 11-1 drivers. It seems to be okay most of the time and then randomly happen in some windows and applications. At least it doesn't happen in the browser now.

Mouse is a Logitech Performance MX, but the presence or absence of SetPoint hasn't affected the problem.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Any suggestions on what to do about it? I found one Google result where someone had the same problem, but it was with Intel drivers and a rollback fixed it for them. They linked a specific version of the driver and I installed it, but it did not affect the problem on the Radeon monitors.

Statistics
85393 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 8 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.