Topic Title: Mouse lag when changing cursor
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/03/2012 05:06 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/03/2012 05:06 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
myndzi
Peon

I had to reinstall Windows recently (x64, 7, Pro -> Ultimate upgrade) and I'm having a problem I didn't have before.

When the mouse cursor changes, for example from an arrow to the I-bar, there is a period of lag. It's not much - maybe 200ms? - but it's severely irritating, particularly because I know it shouldn't happen.

I have three monitors; two run on a Radeon HD 6670, and one runs on the onboard Intel HD 3000 graphics. On the "Intel" monitor, this problem doesn't occur, but on the other two it does. I tried about 4 different older Catalyst versions from around the time I built this computer, and the best luck I've had so far is with the 11-1 drivers. It seems to be okay most of the time and then randomly happen in some windows and applications. At least it doesn't happen in the browser now.

Mouse is a Logitech Performance MX, but the presence or absence of SetPoint hasn't affected the problem.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Any suggestions on what to do about it? I found one Google result where someone had the same problem, but it was with Intel drivers and a rollback fixed it for them. They linked a specific version of the driver and I installed it, but it did not affect the problem on the Radeon monitors.

Statistics
84125 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 10 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.