Topic Title: AMD Catalyst Control Center wont run , AMD Display Driver fail install
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/05/2012 03:58 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/05/2012 03:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
kevstickle
Peon

Hi, i have been working with my Radeon HD 7850 for a while now and haven't had a problem until a few weeks back. A few of my steam games Counter Strike: Global Offensive and Left 4 Dead 2 wouldn't work. I looked around and I felt that it was my graphics card had something wrong with it. I checked and which usually Catalyst Command Center would start up right away wasn't starting up right away. I tried manually starting up and it would say that my display driver wasn't detected and that i couldn't open up Catalyst because of it. Then i tried a re-install with both Beta 12.11 and 12.10 versions. When I re-install at the end when the install is completed it says the installation was incomplete and I click View Log and it says AMD Display Driver and HDMI/DP Audio Driver failed when installed. I tried again but this time using Driver Sweeper and still got the same issue. I made sure i re-installed the new Netframe 4.5 as well to make sure but i already had 4.0 on it already and still didn't work. I finally went to device manager and it said (Code 19) so I rolled the graphics driver back to a point i worked and the games work now but the Catalyst Command Center still won't work. The games work now in the roll but i would rather have it on the current driver and be able to use Catalyst Command Center. My specs are...

Intel i5 3570k

2x4GB Corsair 1600

Radeon HD 7850

Sabertooth Z77

Corsair 650W 

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Hopefully this covers everything and hopefully i covered most of the possible solutions that were posted here. Not in much hurry right now.
PS: I tend to update all my drivers and windows update a lot because Battlefield 3 sometimes doesn't work well if not.  

Statistics
84679 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.