Topic Title: Vision Engine Control Center not working at all.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/05/2012 08:31 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/05/2012 08:31 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
TheYeti
Peon

This just happened out of the blue too. I did nothing new to my computer, no updates, no software, nothing.  Out of nowhere, the little CCC icon in my system tray no longer starts when I load windows or even if I try to open the program. The little loading wheel spins for about 2 seconds and then nothing happens.

Just to clarify, I have literally tried every type of clean uninstall/install that I know of. I have posted on several other forums and have tried crazy types of clean installs. Nothing seems to work. It's really annoying because I am in crossfire, and I know that it is not enabled anymore after reinstalling, so I cannot enable them in any way now. I really really really want to avoid a clean OS install. I take really good care of my OS and don't dowload junk at all. I am at a total loss right now. Someone please help.

Specs: Windows 7 64 bit, AMD A8-3800 cpu, 2 Radeon HD 6790 in crossfire, Corsair GS600 PSU, 8GB ram, Asus CM1740 mobo. 

12/05/2012 09:02 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

What driver version? Was there any auto updates from AMD or Windows? When you look in device manager, do you see any yellow exclamation marks? What version of .net frameworks do you have installed?

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

12/05/2012 09:09 PM

Author Icon
TheYeti
Peon

Thanks for the reply. I think last I saw I was on 12.10 or 12.11beta. I have everything set to tell me about an update before it installs, so there were no updates. There are no yellow exclamation marks in devmgmt. I have .net framework 4. 

The weird issue I have had since I set up a crossfire system (Jan 2012) is that when I went under the software update tab in ECC it said that it was not functioning or running or something, but it let me do everything else like xfire settings and what not. I just ignored it because the program still worked. Then this happened out of the blue. I am beyond baffled.

12/06/2012 12:32 PM

Author Icon
TheYeti
Peon

Ah I'm afraid I am just going to have to give in and do a clean OS install. I have literally spent 24 hours on this and have gotten nowhere.

12/06/2012 11:45 PM

Author Icon
TheYeti
Peon

Well, I did the clean OS install and everything seems to be working wonderfully. I hadn't done one ever, and since I went with xfire cards, the CCC never worked 100% properly. I will definitely be creating a restore point now so this doesn't happen again. 

The one thing to note is that ccc.exe never came up at all (it does now that the OS is reinstalled). I don't know if that means anything to anyone, but just fyi.

Statistics
86425 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.