Topic Title: Desktop management a mess
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/08/2012 05:11 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/08/2012 05:11 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
infiniter
Peon

Hello!

Since the error reporting form does not work atm., I'll post that here.

With a HD 7870 and most recent Catalyst, the desktop management does not work as expected. What happened?

Until recently I had a HD 4850 card with 2x DVI, one for monitor, one for LED TV. When activating/deactivating the 2nd display, the SUBMIT button in the VECC appeared only for about 0.5s, then it was grayed out again. If I happened to be fast enough, I could click it to submit and the change was permanently. If not, it was reverted after 30s.

Now I have a HD 7870 with latest stable drivers and desktop management became worse. I use normal mode in VECC and go to "Deactivate display", select my TV and click SUBMIT (which is clickable here). It switches off the display, freezes the whole PC for a few seconds (bad driver programming) and then says like "Successfully done."

But no, 30s later it switches the 2nd display on again, automatically.
The display itself, the LED TV, didn't have any changes in channel or HDMI port during that time. Seems like the external events utility messes this somehow, because the HDMI cable is, of course, still plugged.

My system:
Sapphire HD 7870 2GB
AMD Phenom II 4x
8GB RAM
Windows 7 x64 Pro
Catalyst 12.10

-------------------------

AMD Phenom II X4 640
Sapphire HD 7870 2GB
Asus M4A78TD, 8GB RAM, Win 7 Pro x64

Statistics
86442 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.