Topic Title: Scaling Options Greyed Out (tried everything)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/09/2012 03:07 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/09/2012 03:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
elsdonc
Peon

I have an AMD Radeon 7800 with dual monitors. One HDMI and one mini display to HDMI. The monitor connected by HDMI isn't scaling properly and I have tried everything. I put it to a lower resolultion, scaled properly, but when I change back to native it doesn't stick and becomes greyed out again. I added a DWORD (DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan) and that did not work either. It's insanely frustrating that this problem has been consistent with the past 3 drivers AMD has released. I mean, wtf. This is ridiculous. Please help.

12/10/2012 02:18 PM

Author Icon
infiniter
Peon

This is confusing. If your monitor has HDMI, it can't be an old model. All HDMI capable monitor have a native resolution which is reported to the graphics card and then the card set that resolution. No scaling needed.

Unless, and that's what I suppose, your monitor somehow changes the viewing area. Perhaps you should to reset it to defaults.

-------------------------

AMD Phenom II X4 640
Sapphire HD 7870 2GB
Asus M4A78TD, 8GB RAM, Win 7 Pro x64

12/11/2012 11:22 AM

Author Icon
elstaci
Peon

In windows 8, I had a problem that there was an inch of black border around my viewing area. I found out that by going to "My Digital Flat Panel" in Catalyst, then clicking on Properties, and unchecking GPU Scaling then going to "Scaling Options" and sliding the scaling over to the right until the inch black border disappeared. Then going back to "My Digidtal Flat Panel" in properties and rechecking GPU Scaling.

When you do scaling, Does it affect both monitors or each individually?

-------------------------

Ellis D. Rodriguez

Statistics
80971 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.