Topic Title: Constant "Glitchy" Visuals in Windows 7 if I Upgrade Past Catalyst 12.4
Topic Summary: Catalyst v 12.4 works fine, but updating to anything more recent (12.6, 12.10, etc), I get rapid glitches all over
Created On: 12/26/2012 07:39 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/26/2012 07:39 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ivanalbright
Peon

I have been stuck using Catalyst 12.4 because any newer version of catalyst driver causes massive on screen glitches as soon as I start Windows. I have tried Catalyst v 12.6, 12.8  and the latest 12.10. Only 12.4 and earlier have worked okay for me.

What happens is as soon as I install the new catalyst driver then reboot, once windows has started, everything starts "glitching." Pieces of windows start moving and flickering all around my screens rapidly. Occassionally it will stop "glitching" momentarily, then start back up again.

The windows / programs I have open seem to influence the amount of flickering somewhat. For example a browser with a flash window seems to worsen the issue, but the issue is present even just having notepad or nothing open at all.

I was not able to take a screenshot using the print screen button (in fact, pressing the Prt Scr button momentarily stopped the visual glitching), but I made a .gif that pretty accurately shows the issue, other than that the flickering is actually a bit more random around the screen (this gif is only 3 frames):

I am running:
Win 7 x64
SAPPHIRE AMD Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 PCIE

12/31/2012 01:43 PM

Author Icon
ivanalbright
Peon

bump - has anybody else run into this?

01/12/2013 11:35 AM

Author Icon
YOMO71
Peon

I have had something very similar with the drivers

Im running win7 64 bit with 2 x hd5970's in crossfire mode  with upto the latest 12.11 beta version 

I even just did a windos reinstall to see and the same thing happened

Just last night it was the worst it has ever been and as soon as I turned of crossfire mode it stopped and seems to be running fine exceped with less processing power in games

I will be able to test it out better when I get home

Statistics
84120 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.