Topic Title: black screen for <3 seconds every minute
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/02/2013 12:43 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/02/2013 12:43 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
tu d
Peon

hi guys,

sometimes i got a black screen for <3 seconds every minute or every 10 seconds. before i went here, i tried a lot: ive got a a10 on an fm2a75 pro4-m w/o a dgpu. i tried all drivers from amd/asrock for my apu/mb and i tried them everytime w/ a clean, new installed w7x64 system. i tried other tfts and i tried to use them with all kind of different cables like vga, dvi or hdmi. so what? [snip] i can uninstall the amd drivers and use the pnp standard drivers that w7 delivers me. with them my system works fine, so i think, amd [might have something wrong] with their software but that does not solve my [snip] problem, since i want to play with this system.

do you guys have some ideas, how can i solve this problem? thank you.

Edited: 01/03/2013 at 04:08 PM by AMD Support and Game Moderator
 01/02/2013 04:23 PM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

You can start by reading the sticky and providing the information requested in a coherent manner.

-------------------------
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 01/02/2013 04:43 PM

Author Icon
tu d
Peon

providing the information requested?

following details are already known:

gpu

driver versions

os

issue details

mb detail

ok ok, i forgot my power supply, that is absolutly irrelevant in this case, but sorry. brand new 430w supply from bequiet.

display (brand and specific model doesnt matter, because i tested 3 brand new tfts, lcd and led)

apps doesnt matter, because it happens everytime everywhere

cpu detail

bios detail

ok, i also forgot details about my memory: 1866mhz kingston 4gb

for me, the problem looks very, very specific since i doesnt have any problems, when i uninstall the amd software for my apu.

01/02/2013 11:42 PM

Author Icon
tu d
Peon

ok, you guys can answer this topic if you want to help other guys with the same problem that ive got - yes, google it, there many others with the same *****.

i installed also xp 64x-84x and - suprise! - same ***** as before.

for me, after 4 days with this problem and after years with amd/ati, i tell ya thats enough. this product quality - doesnt matter if hard- or software - is unacceptable.

like 10 black screens only while i wrote this post...

competitive, im coming...

01/03/2013 01:49 PM

Author Icon
s13cobra
Peon

i have this exact same problem and its annoying as hell.

I have a dell T1500 with a HD4800 win7 x64

dell 24" lcd model 2408WFP

latest Catalyst drivers fresh install of windows tried with both DVI --> DVI cable and DVI --> HDMI cable

both do the sam thing i can see my monitor flash the "input" icon up each time it is doing this as though it temporarily lost the connection.  Using standard drivers it works fine.  I previously had a Nvidia GTX 260 with this exact same setup and that worked fine....

01/03/2013 04:05 PM

Author Icon
Canis-X
Forum Moderator

Have you guys looked through your motherboard manuals and ensured that you have your BIOS/UEFI configured properly/completely?  As the issue concerns an APU/onboard graphics making sure you have the current motherboard BIOS/UEFI version flashed would be important as well to rule out issues that may have already been addressed there.

Also, although I know that you both are extremely frustrated with your current situation, please remember that this is a family oriented forum so tune down the attitudes and venacular please.  I don't like having to clean up posts to make them compliant to the ToS & T&C you agreed to when you created your account, I may not choose the correct verbiage to replace the poor verbiage that you choose to use to explain your issue properly.....understand?  My only alternative at that point would be to delete the post(s)/thread entirely and let you start over.

Cheers!

-------------------------

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of Advanced Micro Devices or any of their affiliates.
Requiescat In Pace AMD Processor Forums | Member since: 1/19/2009 | Post count:
Please don't PM me with questions, instead create a thread so that everyone can assist and benefit from the knowledge provided. Thanks in advance!

01/03/2013 06:22 PM

Author Icon
s13cobra
Peon

hi canis sorry if anything i put in my post was offensive as i did not think it was.

i have updated my bios to the latest version and gone through all settings to find anything related to Graphics.  the only mention of graphics in bios is to select which boots first pcie - pci or pci - pcie

currently set as pcie - pci

Thanks

01/11/2013 11:57 PM

Author Icon
s13cobra
Peon

well i have now gone back to my reliable nvidia card now which works perfectly.  i'll keep an eye on this topic to see if any other ideas come across. 

Statistics
86516 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.