Topic Title: Windows 8 Catalyst Drivers Issue
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/04/2013 08:32 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/04/2013 08:32 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
hotwiredburge
Peon

before i installed the drivers and catalyst center for my amd products, my computer was running perfect, except for the fact i had windows video drivers installed. the video drivers were what i wanted installed. after i installed windows 8 catalyst center and drivers, something changed. i woke up this morning and my little brother was playing scribblenauts and i was watching him until my computer randomly shut down...

i waited a minute and i turned my computer back on, went to my bois setup, went to pc health and my processor temp was at 85C!

so the new drivers overheated my processor. thats not the end...

i took the heatsink off and re- thermal pasted my processor, went back into bios and my computer now idles at a temp of 63C... it used to idle at around 45C before the overheat happened...

i have the Unlocked AMD FX 8-Core 8120 Black Edition Processor, which the specs are

3.1 GHz Stock - 4 GHz Overdrive

After i brought windows 8 back up, i brought up task manager and went to performance, my processor was sitting at 5% usage running at 3.75 GHZ!!!

when it hit around 13%, it was running at 3.97 GHZ!!!

Can you please fix this? AMD Catalyst CPU Overdrive isnt even on, Its Grayed out and off!!!!

i just downloaded AMD Overdrive and i noticed overdrive was automatically turned on, but my Catalyst Center refused to let me turn CPU Overdrive on or off before the installation of AMD Overdrive. i have GPU Overdrive on because i have a crappy ati video card.

can this be fixed in future driver updates please? i shouldnt need 2 programs just to run my processor!

EDIT: I just opened the Turbo Core Control in AMD Overdrive and realized the max core control is set to 3400 MHz, when my CPU was forced to run at MAX Overdrive speed with amd drivers.

Statistics
84262 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.