Topic Title: CCC Confirmation Countdown/Dialogue Doesnt Diplay
Topic Summary: Confirmation countdown dialogue doesnt pop up and counts down in background and reverts resolution after 30 seconds.
Created On: 01/08/2013 08:29 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/08/2013 08:29 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
farkhipov
Peon

I have an AMD Radeon HD 6900 with Catalyst Control Center v 12.10. I have windows 7 64-bit Service Pck 1. Motherboard is Intel model DH67CL AAG10212-207 with intel BIOS version blh6710h.53a.0119.2011.0523.1030. 700 Watt power supply. CPU is Intel i7-2600k @3.4GHz. 16 GB of RAM.

When I change my resolution, the confirmation window with the countdown timer no longer appears but the countdown is still happening in the background and it reverts my resolution after 30 seconds. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling all AMD software and hardware but it didnt help. I was working fine until recently and I dont know what happened.

If you need more backstory on why this is such a big deal its because I cant afford a real monitor so I use a flat screen TV as my monitor but when I turn it on at first for some reason some of the collors are off and I need to change the resolution to one that is not native to the TV and when it changes back to the native resolution at 720p all colors begin to show up properly. My only explanation for the messed up colors is that its an old off-brand piece of crap TV. Its a pain in the butt, I need to do that every time I turn on my computer and its an even bigger pain in the butt now that I cant just click "no" in the confirmation dialogue. Sometimes it doesnt seem to even do the countdown in the background and so I started just immediatly going to windows to change the resolution back and then the window's confirmation dialogue seems to take priority over the CCC countdown.

01/09/2013 09:03 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Can be a .NET framework issue on your system. However, what happens if you use the windows control panel to change the resolution?

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

01/09/2013 10:02 AM

Author Icon
farkhipov
Peon

Changing the resolution through windows control panel changes it properly and displays the confirmation countdown.

One thing that might be related is that when I uninstalled everything and reinstalled CCC all the pinned items were still there/saved, it must not have been a full uninstall. I suppose I will try the option to revert to factory settings, now that I thought of that.

Any suggestions on how to fully uninstall it to get it to reset all the way?

01/09/2013 01:36 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=444&threadid=162444&enterthread=y

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

01/09/2013 07:36 PM

Author Icon
farkhipov
Peon

Full reinstall didnt help!

I followed the instruction down to the letter and while it did get rid of all the pinned items in CCC, verifying a more complete reinstall, my problem is still there. Whats more is that it seems like it only does the countdown in the background only sometimes, it didnt seem to do it right after reboot(didnt change the resolution after 30 seconds, I made sure to wait a little extra to make sure), so I went back into CCC and changed it back from there and exited the main window(confirmation countdown dialogue never came up) but after 30 seconds it changed it back. I even made sure to install the latest .NET per the instruction from the linked thread.

01/11/2013 04:55 AM

Author Icon
per
Peon

I have this problem as well, though I've timed the hidden countdown at about 45 seconds from pressing the "apply" button, even if I close CCC in the meantime. It's incredibly annoying.

I tried stumped's advice above, with DriverSweeper, reboots and all, but it didn't help. Also tried installing the 12.11 beta driver (after DriverSweeper and reboots). Didn't work either.

The strange thing is that on rare occasions the changes do stick, though it never displays a countdown/confirmation dialog (so I am personally starting to doubt whether such a dialog is really supposed to pop up). I can't deduce the reason for this. Right now, though, it is fairly reproducible, and I would report it through the bug reporting form, but the forms for both the stable and beta driver are closed.

I have a Radeon HD 5700 series with 2 monitors connected via DVI, both with a max resolution of 1680x1050. I run Windows 7 64-bit SP1.

Edited: 01/11/2013 at 01:45 PM by per
 01/14/2013 08:08 AM

Author Icon
farkhipov
Peon

Yep! Sounds exactly like my problem, but I wouldn't say it's easily reproduceable just because we can definetly reproduce it on our own machines but we have no idea what the original cause of it is so there is t a way to reproduce it on other people's machines. 

Have you, by any chance, been changing your resolution frequently prior to the issue starting of you? I don't know how that info would help the situation but that's the only thing I can think of that I was doing that was out of the norm. 

01/14/2013 08:23 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

You should check the event viewer for .NET or CCC errors. Maybe you'll find something. Missing assemblies or anything.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

01/14/2013 08:36 AM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Originally posted by: per I have this problem as well, though I've timed the hidden countdown at about 45 seconds from pressing the "apply" button, even if I close CCC in the meantime. It's incredibly annoying.

I tried stumped's advice above, with DriverSweeper, reboots and all, but it didn't help. Also tried installing the 12.11 beta driver (after DriverSweeper and reboots). Didn't work either.

The strange thing is that on rare occasions the changes do stick, though it never displays a countdown/confirmation dialog (so I am personally starting to doubt whether such a dialog is really supposed to pop up). I can't deduce the reason for this. Right now, though, it is fairly reproducible, and I would report it through the bug reporting form, but the forms for both the stable and beta driver are closed.

I have a Radeon HD 5700 series with 2 monitors connected via DVI, both with a max resolution of 1680x1050. I run Windows 7 64-bit SP1.

Here is the permanent link to AMD support...just choose your region:

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=444&threadid=161716&enterthread=y

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

01/15/2013 07:10 PM

Author Icon
farkhipov
Peon

I'll use that info and see what I get.

In the meantime, Event Viewer doesnt show any errors with ccc or .NET but therer is a strange error with "WMI" event ID 10 and it seems to happen every time I turn on my computer, which makes me thinks its probably not related specifically to the countdown window. No additional errors are generated when I try to make CCC bring up the confirmation countdown.

If I hear back from AMD I'll make sure to post my findings.

02/21/2013 10:09 AM

Author Icon
Hiculi
Peon

I'm having the same problem aswell. Any solution found yet?

My problem is that when I extend or disable my HDTV via CCC/AMD VISION Control Center the settings don't stick. Like mentioned above, it's usually after 30-40 seconds that it resets to the previous settings I had.

I had this problem before about a month ago. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling display drivers over and over again, but that didn't help. I did complete uninstalls with DriverSweeper and following the uninstall guide found here in the forums. I even tried to remove my HDTV drivers etc. from my computer and then installing them again, but the problem was still there. I gave up hope, formatted my hard-drive and did a clean install of Win7. After I succesfully installed Win7 and the display drivers, the problem was gone and CCC/VISION Control Center worked like it should.

Now after a few weeks the same problem has surfaced again. This time I noticed, that before when I changed my monitor setttings (extend/disable), CCC/VISION CC always gave me the prompt window with the countdown, and asked me if I wanted to use these settings. Now when i make changes the countdown window doesn't pop up, and so after 30-40 seconds it reverts the monitor setup back.

When I use Windows' own keyboard shortcut (Win(key) + P) to extend my desktop or choose only one of the monitors, it works perfectly. It doesnt change back, and that's why I believe that the problem/bug is in CCC/VISION CC.

Any way to get the countdown window to pop-up again when making changes? I tried restoring factory settings, but that didn't work either. I believe that getting the prompt to show up would solve the problem.

The CCC/VISION version I'm using is 13.1.
My computer setup is:
ASUS M5A97, BIOS v1503
AMD  Phenom II X6 1100T
Sapphire 6950 2Gb Dirt3-Edition
8Gb RAM @ 1333Mhz
Corsair AX850
Win7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit
Philips HDTV
HP w19 monitor
Everything's at stock, no overclocking. 

02/21/2013 11:18 AM

Author Icon
farkhipov
Peon

This problem is either rare or new, either way there is no info about it anywhere that I was able to find. I would suggest what was suggested to me, contact AMD directly with your issue to see if thy are able to help you. 

Have you been changing your settings often or on a regular basis before one day it stopped showing the confirmation window? If so then that seems to be a crucial factor in recreating this issue. 

I have actually given up on it, I was able to get a proper monitor so this issue no longer annoys me(it is definitely still there though). I hope this starts happening to enough people that AMD at least recognizes it as a real issue. 

10/15/2013 12:24 AM

Author Icon
chicomandell
Peon

Sorry to reply to an old thread but this is the exact issue I've run into since upgrading to 13.9.  Was trying to update my pixel format settings and it will not take.  It acts as if there is a countdown box that you need to confirm, but it's not showing on any screen.  after about 30 seconds it reverts to the previous setting.  I've tried the uninstalls per other people's instructions.  Also tried using the beta 13.11 but have the same issue.  Anyone ever fix this?Chico
 11/09/2013 02:53 AM

Author Icon
Gavin.Williams
Peon

I'm having this issue as well as of October 2013. ie. The confirmation popup doesn't show and my screen reverts from HD back to a lower resolution. This happens a lot to me since v13.11. When is there going to be an AMD support response ?

Windows 8.1

Catalyst 13.11

Edited: 11/09/2013 at 03:02 AM by Gavin.Williams
 11/12/2013 08:12 PM

Author Icon
ghastlyastronaut
Peon

Registered just for this exact problem;

Win7

HD5xxx

Catalyst 13.9

12/30/2013 05:13 AM

Author Icon
Gavin.Williams
Peon

I'm still having this issue after installing 13.12. This is now 3 releases of Catalyst and this issue hasn't been fixed. I'm not seeing any response from AMD on this ! Please guys, we need this fixed.

Resolutions keep changing, monitors keep turning off. My workaround is to quickly do a second config change such as move the 2nd monitor position. But nevertheless, this is a really annoying issue, and it just demonstrates bad software. It needs to be fixed.

Statistics
86515 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.