Topic Title: Graphics Option is non existant.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/08/2013 09:13 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/08/2013 09:13 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
keronshb
Peon

Here is what MY CCC LOOKS LIKE:

http://i.imgur.com/RTlXs.png

This is what it should look like:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jv7Y88omCK0/UHWTZMRqCII/AAAAAAAACek/NEiqM4qUijc/s1600/catalyst-control-center-wont-open.jpg

Note the Gaming option, I don't have that in my picture, but what I do have is:

1. The most up to date CCC

2. The latest Microsoft NET

3. AMD Radeon 7450 HD

Also I've noticed my drivers won't update, CCC will but the drivers won't.

What I've tried:

Complete (clean) uninstall and reinstall of the drivers, including the driver sweeper method, safe mode and disabling any safety measure possible.  The only thing that will give me any type of driver is this webpage's installer:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?DocID=HT073551

Now these are my specs:

Lenovo K430 Ideacentre DESKTOP

12 gb RAM

AMD Radeon HD 7450

Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium Service Pack 1

Intel core i5 3.00 GHz

Now I have no idea why the gaming section is not showing up.  My friends who have older versions of AMD products have access to the option while they also have the latest CCC.  So can ANYONE please help me?

Edited: 01/08/2013 at 09:35 PM by keronshb
 01/08/2013 10:15 PM

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

Actually, it should look like neither, as you should have a "Vision Engine Control Center" (basically CCC after 12.6) since you have an HD 7000 series card. However, the HD 7450 is an OEM only card (means sold only to Lenovo, HP, etc...) and looking at the release notes, is not a supported card by AMD.

-------------------------
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX/Gen3 R2, FX-8350 w/ Corsair H60, 8 GiB G.SKILL RipjawsX DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970 Ghz, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
 01/08/2013 10:51 PM

Author Icon
keronshb
Peon

Originally posted by: black_zion Actually, it should look like neither, as you should have a "Vision Engine Control Center" (basically CCC after 12.6) since you have an HD 7000 series card. However, the HD 7450 is an OEM only card (means sold only to Lenovo, HP, etc...) and looking at the release notes, is not a supported card by AMD.

Thank you, this is really helpful.  That could, and probably is, the source of my problem.

01/10/2013 03:41 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

The Vision Engine Control Center is for systems with AMD GPUs and AMD CPUs. This gives you options like CPU overclocking and fan speeds and Power Options for the CPU. These aren't present in the Catalyst Control Center, which is for Intel CPUs with AMD GPUs (or for XP or older cards), and obviously won't have CPU-related functionality.

But black_zion nailed it with the OEM comment. The 7450 is an OEM card, so the functionality in the Catalyst Control Center has been limited by Lenovo, likely to prevent issues from overclocking, unsupported hardware, etc. With OEM cards, the CCC/VECC that comes with it is sometimes pared down, as you see there. But contact Lenovo, they might have a newer version of the CCC software with more functionality available.

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
Statistics
86379 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.