Topic Title: ATI Radeon HD 5700 - Triple monitor setup, unable to save
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/09/2013 04:12 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/09/2013 04:12 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
est1984
Peon

I have this card, ATI Radeon HD 5700. Trying to hook up my LG TV using a display port adapter. So when I go to display settings, my monitor is found and shown with the 3 screens. So when I click on my TV and try to extend the display I get an error stating 'Unable to save display settings'. Please advise me on what I should be doing.

01/10/2013 03:29 PM

Author Icon
George@AMD
Nerfed

From the error message that you are getting it sounds like you have an incorrect cable set up for that video card.

You are only allowed to have 2 legacy connections. These connectiosn are DVI, VGA, HDMI. The third monitor must be connected via Display port. If you do not have a display port monitor you must use an ACTIVE adapter that goes from Dispaly port to DVI/VGA.

Ensure that everything is connected properly and that you have an operating system that is Windows Vista or higher.

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care
The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

01/10/2013 03:33 PM

Author Icon
George@AMD
Nerfed

Here is a video to help with the explanation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf0X0lNFmgw&list=PL6CFEA6C71BB14979&index=3&feature=plpp_video

AMD Customer Care
The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

01/11/2013 10:25 AM

Author Icon
est1984
Peon

I can't tell whether or not if this is a active cable, I think my problem is that the display port adapter I have isn't active.  I have had a monitor that has worked in the past, a very old one using the display port adapter.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/advent-adphdm12-displayport-to-hdmi-cable-1-8-m-12818491-pdt.html#longDesc

Do you know if the cable above would work?

11/27/2013 01:28 PM

Author Icon
D3ft0ne
Peon

Would like to ressurect this one.

I am having the same issue, which is very inconsistent.

Here is my hook up. (newes beta drivers)

1. Samsung monitor into DVI of R9 280X (via dvi to hdmi adapter)

2. Sony TV into AVR (via hdmi) - > into Display port of R9 280X via HDMI to DP adapter.

When I try to extend my display to Sony TV... sometimes it works fine (esp if the TV was already running and i boot up the PC after). 

But sometimes i get the error saving configuration, like the OP. After that error second display (sony) will dissapear all together and i have re-detect it via device manager. And then it will let me extend / duplicate. 

This is a very sporadic issue... i have not been able to find any particular pattern.

11/27/2013 02:44 PM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Isn't it the AVR's task to report itself to the video card as an active display? Probably it does not, that's why the card (and through it CCC) thinks there is no display to extend to.

If there are settings that can be changed on that AVR, it'd look into those.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

Statistics
84886 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.