Topic Title: HDMI audio disables when monitor changes without disconnect/reconnect
Topic Summary: HDMI audio issue
Created On: 01/10/2013 08:52 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/10/2013 08:52 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
zxinn
Peon

Hello,

I found a topic that partially describes my issue, but it is very old, and applies mostly but not fully. I have only the issue that audio is being disabled until I unplug and reconnect the HDMI cable. I've had this issue with all drivers up until and including latest one, Catalyst 12.10.

"HDMI Audio disables when TV goes off"
http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=461&threadid=154697

My setup:

Windows 7 64-bit
Radeon 5850
One monitor via DVI
One receiver with dual simultaneous output support (Yahama RX-V767) via HDMI connected to one monitor (HDMI-DVI) and one projector

Related observations:

This Yamaha receiver, when only one output is active (e.g. when projector is powered-off), appear to pass-through the EDID of this one monitor

When output is changed EDID may change without disconnect/reconnect of HDMI between receiver and PC

When both outputs have active units attached (monitor and projector) the receiver sends its own EDID

My two monitors power on at the same time as my PC, and I have no audio issues until I power on the projector, if the PC is running and connected when the projector comes online. Once the projector comes online, "AMD HDMI Output" is disabled saying "Not plugged in". I disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on the PC side, and audio is restored. Same procedure (disconnect/reconnect) has to be performed to restore audio after powering off the projector.

I do hope this can be resolved by a driver update in the future.

/Zxinn

01/10/2013 09:13 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

You should probably send a e-mail to AMD customer care... http://emailcustomercare.amd.com/

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *AMD R9 290 4gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit 

***** cetera fallunt, ludere mortuus ******

Statistics
88898 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.