Topic Title: AMD Display Driver and HDMI Audio Driver installation failed
Topic Summary: Vista SP2 32bit, HD 6870, 13.1 drivers, happened before
Created On: 01/19/2013 01:11 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/19/2013 01:11 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
isev00
Peon

I cannot install the Display Driver and HDMI Audio Driver in the 13.1 drivers package. It just says Final Status: Fail.

I've had this issue before, and the only thing that seemed to work was to do a clean install of Windows. Since I cannot afford to lose all my files again as I cannot back them up, a clean install of Windows is out of the question and it doesn't fix the issue; it keeps reoccuring (I had done the clean install about 3 times, it just postpones the issue to when I try to update drivers).

This time, I've tried absolutely everything. I've uninstalled the drivers with Revo, uninstalled with CCleaner, uninstalled the video card through Device Manager, cleaned up with Driver Fusion, re-seated the video card, cleared CMOS... Never touched the registry because I don't want to risk anything. Still nothing.

If it helps, every now and then the video card shows up as some kind of generic video adapter thing, can't remember how is it exactly called.

EDIT: Quick update. I ran sfc /scannow on cmd, and apparently it fixed a lot of issues. Now, the video card information on Device Manager says:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Edited: 01/19/2013 at 02:53 PM by isev00
Statistics
87482 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.