Topic Title: No HDMI Audio on ATI Radeon 5750 - Is It an Install Issue
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/25/2013 05:24 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/05/2013 02:17 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Phoenix18253
Peon

Have you checked your bios to make sure the 5750 is set as the primary card?

02/05/2013 11:28 AM

Author Icon
gblazek
Peon

Ya know, Phoenix, I wonder if I'm beating a dead horse.  I guess I should start from scratch, like "Does the TV even support what I'm trying to do?"  My TV is a Toshiba 62HM196 DLP.  This TV's gotta be at least 10 years old.  My son's TV is the latest and greatest plasma 55" 3D.  It's quite possible that my TV doesn't allow me to do what I'm trying to do.  Bringing my PC physically up to my son's location will pretty much tell me if this is what's happening.  In the meantime, I'll research the web and find out if this TV is capable of doing what I want to do.

Again, I appreciate all your time and effort and will let you know how things turn out.

02/05/2013 02:17 PM

Author Icon
gblazek
Peon

OK Phoenix - I think I figured out what was going on.  I took my PC, physically moved it to my son's room, and hooked all up.  Same issue as I was having at my location.  I can only assume that somehow the PCI-E slot (or something with the motherboard) is not allowing the HDMI audio to pass through to the audio portion of the video card (although the DVI-D port works fine).  The last thing I could try is to take my son's working PCI-E card and put into my computer, BUT I will not do this because of the possibility if my PCI-E slot damaging his working card.  I don't use my PC for any heavy duty applications, so I'm just going to pick up an AM2 cheapo motherboard and go from there.  I'll update you on what happens when the new board arrives.

02/07/2013 10:29 AM

Author Icon
ruber
Nerfed

Originally posted by: gblazek I have Sapphire Radeon 5750 PCI-E.  When I install the AMD 13.1 Catalyst Driver, afterr completion, I get the message Installation complete - Warnings have occurred during installation.  View log for details"  When I click on the "View Log" button, nothing happens.  Only the "Finish" button gets me anywhere.  When I look at Playback Devices, I only see Speakers, and Headphones.  When I open Device Manager, I see an Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus with an Exclamation Point.  When I try to update driver I get the message "Windows found a driver for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.  What I'm trying to do is run an HDMI cable to my surround sound to the HDMI2 on my TV so I can watch movies from my computer on the TV.  I'm using the DVI port for computer monitor display.  What am I missing?

I should say I have never connected simultaneously to hdmi and dvi.  I am using ATI 5870 over HDMI to a flat panel. To get hdmo audio I am using these drivers:

Catalyst (13.1 WHQL right now) with (1) AMD HDMI audio driver, (2) Realtek HD Audio driver, and (3) Realtek ATI HDMI driver. Then you switch to hdmi output from Control Panel>Sound>1 AMD HDMI Audio Device>Set default.

02/07/2013 03:04 PM

Author Icon
gblazek
Peon

ruber,

The ATI 5750 has two Bus' - one with a DVI for the monitor and a separate BUS for eiither DVI, HDMI, or VGA.  I do not believe you can use more than one device concurrently in the 2nd BUS.

I'll go ahead and use the drivers you listed.

Thank you.

02/09/2013 04:29 PM

Author Icon
gblazek
Peon

Phoenix,

This is what I found out.  You were correct when you said a PCI-E slot rarely goes bad.  I installed a new MB (ASRock 4785GM-LE) and had the same problem.  Man, this was getting frustrating.  The solution to the problem was I had to install a fresh copy of Windows 7.  When I first put the MB in, I thought I got lucky not having to reinstall all my applications.  But after the problem did not go away, the last resort was to install a clean copy of the OS and take it from there.  If that didn't work, then I was at a loss.  Lo and behold, the fresh copy of Windows 7 and the video card installation did the trick.  Everything works as I wanted it, and I'm glad it's over.  I'm sure my old MB and PCI-E slot are fine, but I really don't care.  It works, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  I can only assume something in the OS didn't like something, and a clean install took care of it.  Consider it a learning lesson, I guess.

Again, thank you for your time in troubleshooting this issue.

01/28/2014 09:31 PM

Author Icon
Sycholic
Peon

did you ever find a solution?  its hard to follow that old thread but what your exact issue was still seems foggy as Im looking for a similiarly related topic and came across this thread.  if you were having issues with the audio/visual thats all on the onboad/soundcard, I have a similar setup so your whole issues sounds like motherboard to me. (either mising mb/soundcard/DSP drivers or outright broken)  My problem is I cant get native 5.1 output thru my 5750, it'll do it if I use the onboard hdmi but not thru the card.  Eg. AC3 and any 2ch dolby works but if its pure 6ch it cant.

Also I seen you mentioned asus, dont look for the audio for your 5750 hdmi to show up at all if your looking for it in the VIA HD audio deck because it dont.

You have to pick the output thru window's mixer << and that relies on proper mb drivers installed but not the software. o.O

I seen you just did a fresh install likely that was caused by drivers both on the 5750 driver pkg and the MB/Codec chipset.   One thing I learned is ATI and codec package drivers you always have to use a 'cleaner' after removing, then rebooting, then clean, then reboot again, then install mb/codec first, reboot, then do GPU drivers, reboot last time... done....

01/28/2014 10:28 PM

Author Icon
gblazek
Peon

Yes, the issue was a bad 5750 video card.  I replaced and everything worked as expected.

01/31/2014 10:23 PM

Author Icon
Sycholic
Peon

are you able to support more then 2 ch formats for the HDMI after getting a new one (just wondering if that might be a similiar issue Im having)

Statistics
80979 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.