Topic Title: Still getting HDCP error in Windows 8
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/29/2013 08:52 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/29/2013 08:52 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
JaxMetal
Peon

This isn't a new issue, myself and several other users reported that we recieved this or similar HDCP errors when attempting to view certain video in Windows 8 with the previous Catalyst driver installed:

"Oops! This movie won't play on your display due to copyright restrictions. It can be played only if both your output and display support HDCP. [#3304]"

The new driver did not fix this issue, at least not for me. I submitted a ticket to a week+ ago, and received this reply on January 21st:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting AMD Global Customer Care.

We have created a Customer Care Support account based on the details you submitted with your service request.

A separate email containing your service request reference number will follow.

Thank you for choosing AMD!

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care"

...and I never received anything else from AMD, including the email that was supposed to have my "service request reference number".

I looked for another thread that dealt with this and could only find ones related to HDMI sound in Windows 8. Anyone else have this problem still and/or any suggestions?

Edited: 01/29/2013 at 09:01 PM by JaxMetal
 01/30/2013 09:25 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Originally posted by: JaxMetal certain video

This is so much information, I just can't process it...

Is it a DVD, a blu-ray, random video file? In what format? From what source?

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

01/30/2013 02:49 PM

Author Icon
JaxMetal
Peon

I used the ambiguous phrase "certain" video because other users had the same problem, and I did not remember precisely on what. That said, my own problem comes when attempting to view VUDU videos that I have downloaded and paid for.

Here is the original thread:

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=454&threadid=161553

03/06/2013 11:58 AM

Author Icon
AbsoluteJoe
Peon

One way to test your configuration for protected content player HDMI/DVI-D HDCP PVP-OPM support is to download a BD Advisor test utility from Cyberlink, Corel, or ArcSoft. If  one of these utilities reports that HDCP is not available,  but you are sure that the monitor or TV supports HDCP on the HDMI/DVI-D connection, then the video driver could be the problem. 

I have recently debugged a Catalyst driver problem on an older machine with a HD 48xx series adapter. Installing any Catalyst driver past 11.9 broke the PVP-OPM HDCP handshake and made playing protected BD content impossible.  I am now using a hybrid driver configuration, only the HDMI Audio driver from Catalyst 13.1 to fix HDMI audio dropout issues, and the video driver, etc., from the Catalyst 11.9 package to fix the HDMI HDCP PVP-OPM handshake issues. 

But if you have a 7xxx card, or need a newer WDDM 1.2 driver for Windows 8, going to one of the older, backlevel drivers (11.9) isn't an option (yet). 

-------------------------
Statistics
84185 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.