Topic Title: Driver language wrong when updating from Catalyst control centre
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/30/2013 11:50 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/30/2013 11:50 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Basara
Peon

For some reason, my drivers download in Japanese instead of English when I do the Download Now button on the CCC update system.

My language is set to english in CCC but I cant find any other way to change it

Any ideas?

01/30/2013 02:08 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Is your Operating System's (System) Language set to Japanese?

Try to just manually download the Catalyst Driver Suite from our website.  Here is the download for Catalyst 13.1 on Windows7 64-bit for Radeon HD5000 & Newer Products: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

I would also make sure that you work through a good, clean uninstall first too: http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=444&threadid=162444&enterthread=y

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

01/30/2013 02:59 PM

Author Icon
Basara
Peon

No my OS language is English which i why I changed the CCC setting from OS detected to force English, just to make sure.

Downloading the update manually kind of defeats the point of the query.

I will try an uninstall and reinstall to see if it makes any difference, obvuiously I wont know until the next release.

Edited: 01/30/2013 at 03:16 PM by Basara
 01/30/2013 05:07 PM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Originally posted by: Basara Downloading the update manually kind of defeats the point of the query.

Agreed. Manually going to the website and downloading the driver is a work-around.  The reason for why the feature did what it did is probably because there is something 'buggy' with the Auto-Update option that can't be solved through troubleshooting. 

To that end, I would definitely encourage you to use the Issue Report Form to the let the Driver Development Team know of the problem.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

Statistics
85366 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.