Topic Title: AMD Overdrive Activity at 97% idle
Topic Summary: Tried uninstalling un-doing OC, nothing works.. except task manager??
Created On: 02/12/2013 07:04 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/12/2013 07:04 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
daniel556
Peon

Hi I'm not sure how long this has been doing this but today when I was checking some settings (didnt change anything) I noticed in the AMD Overdrive section of CCC the activity was 97% clocks 710Mhz and 1160Mhz (Overdrive rates) while totally idle.  When I opened task manager to see what was going on it went straight to 0% and my clocks to 157Mhz and 300Mhz.  I tried this out numerous times with task manager and even with a prog called "taskprocess"., when I open them the activity and clocks drop straight down and then shoot straight up again when closed. By checking the temp I can tell these rates stay high when CCC is closed (not quit)Ive tried uninstalling and re-installing CCC and am going to try going back to an older version as maybe its these drivers (13-1) Ive had this system for a couple of years now and have never had any problems like this before. I also have hardly anything else running in the backgroundMany thanks inadvance, Dan.WIN 7 64Avast Internet SecurityATI HD5750CCC 13-1 drivers

Edited: 02/12/2013 at 08:08 PM by daniel556
Statistics
84735 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.