Topic Title: Need help again
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/17/2013 12:22 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/17/2013 12:22 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
thebutcher0
Peon

Graphic Card-None
Graphics Chipset-AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series Graphics/AMD A85X FCH(HudsonD4) (Driver version 8.982 Is this up to date?)(I believe i just read the on-board video is HD 7540)
AMD Driver-Up to date
Operating System-Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Motherboard-ASUS F2A85-M/CSM
Power Supply-Corsair Builders Series CX430 V2 80+ Certified PSU
Display Device-Samsung 46" HDTV/Onkyo Reciever
CPU-AMD A6-Series AD540KOKHJBOX Dual-Core A6-5400K Black Edition APU - 1MB L2 Cache, 3.6GHz, SocketFM2, Radeon HD 7540D (192 Cores), Dual Graphics Ready, DirectX 11
BIOS-American Megatrend 5104
Memory-Crucial Ballistix 240 pin DDR3 PC3-10600 (1333) 4GBx2 Unbuffered, NON-ECC, 1.5Vpart#BLS4G3D1339DS1S00
Optical-ASUS BC-12B1ST Blu-Ray Player
Hard Drive-Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD/Seagate Barracuda green 1.5 TB HDD
Case-Silverstone Sugo SST-SG01B-F-USB3.0
Case Fans-SilenX Heatsink and fan (EFZ-100HA1), 2 SilenX 80mm case fans, 1 Silverstone 80mm case fan.

Additional Details-2 games are installed now. Skyrim and Diablo 3. Details will start at the top and go down per item installed pertaining to the error recieved.
Chipset- Normal/Overclocked, overclocked by the ASUS TurboV feature to 4.3 GHz. Error encountered with both features.
AMD Driver-I tried 2 times to update the driver and it failed. I found the auto detect feature at AMD and it told me my drivers were up to date. Error recieved, but i can't remember ever updating the driver at any time.
Operating System-SP1 and all updates are installed.
Motherboard-GPU Boost enabled and disabled. recieved errors on either setting.
Display Device/Reciever-All standard connections with HDMI. Computer>Reciever>HDTV.
BIOS-Bios has been updated with ASUS EZUPDATE. Recieved errors before and after.
Memory-No overclocking of the memory unless TurboV changed anything.
Optical-No firmware update available.
Hard Drive-Standard install on SSD, no raid setup, Seagate is connected as an extra drive. Computer shut down after watching hulu saying the SSD overheated.
Case Fans-3 80mm fans blowing air into the case, PSU 120mm fan is exhaust, CPU temp 86f-104f.
Special Software-Avast, Cyberlink PowerDVD12, AMD Monitor, 2 3rd party heat monitor software.
Hardware checks performed-Memtest 86+(passed), Prime95/3 hours/cpu temp 91f/(no errors), AMD GPUstress test(low frame rate [22]), CCleaner cleaned my registry of some errors.

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=454&threadid=162179

Hello Everyone, I'm back for some more help. I copied the top of my old post and provided a link to it incase you want to read it.

The only things that have changed are 2 games have been added and I finally bought a second piece of memory. I still do not have a video card, I'm hoping I won't have to buy one.

After i tried an older driver, that got rid of my BSoD and everything worked fine. So about a month ago I wanted to try a game with this new computer and see how it would run without a video card. At medium settings skyrim ran fine. The only problem was the computer would lock up, but no BSoD.

Sometimes it might lock up right away for a few times every 10 minutes and then it might run for hours after that without any problems. Or it might lock up and freeze an hour into the game. But other than the freeze ups, it ran very good for not having a video card.

So now I tried Diablo 3 a couple weeks ago and it still freezes up but runs very good, video wise. So my first thought was it might be the memory. Even though it's 4GB, it is only a single stick running in a single channel. Not sure why that would be the cause, but aside from no video card, the memory would be the first thing I'd look at. I just recieved the memory the other day and got that installed last night. It is now in dual channel and 8GB.

And since there is a new driver out, I thought I'd try it and see how that made this computer run. 12-10 driver didn't work as in my old post and I had to install 12-8 to get rid of those BSoD i was getting. So after I installed that other stick of memory, I installed the 13-1 drivers. It ran good, no BSoD like before but i kept seeing an error at the bottom telling me "the video card stopped working momentarily." If you looked close you could tell the computer was freezing up for just a split second, if anything maybe 1-2 seconds, but no BSoD. So I tried Diablo 3 and it had problems just on the login screen not letting me type in my password. So I cussed abit, uninstalled 13-1 and found my 12-8 download. I installed that and now my BSoD is back, whereas before dropping down to 12-8 got rid of them.

I hope someone can understand what I am going through and trying to say and help me. I've always bought Intel/Nvidia and this computer is my first ATI/AMD setup. I don't want to but i can't stop thinking about scapping the ATI/AMD setup and buying Intel again. If you have any questions you need answered to help you understand something, let me know. Thanks

-------------------------
 02/18/2013 04:32 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
thebutcher0
Peon

Problem is solved but i still would like some help with a fix.

I tore apart my gaming computer still under warranty to use its parts to diagnose the problem. New memory still cause a blue screen and switching to the other channel got it too.

I uninstalled anything ATI/AMD and put in my big Nvidia graphics card. Went to their site and installed the latest drivers. Nothing i could do resulted in a blue screen. I redid my index scores and still no blue screen and all my numbers went up. I'm guessing cause i had a real video card in there instead of on-board video.

But here is the problem, I already have a big gaming computer, this computer with the problem I built for a HTPC to sit in the living room. I do not want to add a discreate video card, all I want it to do is run, (access the web, play music, movies) without getting a blue screen or freezing up.

Anyone have an option for me and some advise since i know Nvidia works and ATI/AMD gives me problems? I would like to keep everything like it is (ATI/AMD) but work.

-------------------------
Statistics
88903 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.