Topic Title: overscan/underscan settings for DVI in CCC
Topic Summary: I have searched, but every post is asking about overscan settings with HDMI
Created On: 02/18/2013 10:14 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/18/2013 10:14 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
geiseric
Peon

I have a Mitsubishi DLP that only accepts DVI input for computer use - over HDMI, the input is blurred and strange looking.  I use a 7850 ATI with a i5-2500, latest ccc non-beta, Windows 8.  This has been an issue for a long time, but I don't recall having it on windows 7 prior to using the 7850 ATI card.  The I issue I have is that when using DVI, I have underscanning issues, and regardless of what GPU scaling settings I select, the image is either too large or too small.  If I was able to use the underscan/overscan settings with DVI output, it would be fine, but they are hidden when I am using a DVI cable.  When I use hdmi, they pop up and I can fix the issue, but then the image is blurred.  

I can sort of fix the issue by creating a custom resolution.  But this resolution does not carry over to anything running in full screen, and as a result, most games either have black bars, or are missing the sides of the screen, depending on the GPU scaling option I have set.

Is there any way to fix this?  Is there any way to force the overscan settings to show when using DVI instead of HDMI?  

02/19/2013 01:32 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

I have overscan settings with DVI and have always had. I'd check the cable first, then the whole monitor with another computer.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

02/20/2013 11:31 PM

Author Icon
geiseric
Peon

Works fine with the i5 onboard video.  Unfortunately, my other pci-e video card is also amd, same issue.   Cable swap- no luck.  The cable is DVI-D, TV won't take anything other than dvi-d and hdmi, and the hdmi issue is the fuzzyness.

Statistics
84302 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.