Topic Title: Problems since installing new drivers...
Topic Summary: Flashing black boxes online video
Created On: 02/20/2013 09:25 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/20/2013 09:25 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
stholt
Peon

I am getting groups of flashing black boxes on the screen whenever I play online videos like Netflix or Youtube.  The boxes appear in and around the address bar, and usually dissappear when I click around them, or go to a full screen view.

I have tried to take a screenshot of them, but the boxes do not appear in the screenshot.  I took a picture of them with my phone, .  There also doesn't seem to be a direct way to contact any type of support, just forums.  I have a 7870, and this problem just recently started after installing the new drivers.  I have checked my temp when this happens and it's sitting around 28-29C, so I know it's not overheating.  It only seems to happen when playing online videos in a window.  It's really annoying.

Edited: 02/20/2013 at 09:33 AM by stholt
 02/20/2013 09:59 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Once thing is certain, from time to time the Adobe Flash Player becomes extremely unstable. It usually happens after a bigger update. Now is such a time, you are not the only one who has problems with flash 11.6.

Possible solutions:

1. Downgrade. Currently I'm using 11.2 with Firefox, that one is still stable and has much better performance than the current 11.6. If you're using Chrome, you can't downgrade easily, try something else.

2. Disable hardware acceleration. Right click in the middle of the video, select settings, and untick the hardware acceleration checkbox. You may need to reload the page, restart the browser or maybe even restart the computer to have the corruption disappear.

3. If there was a specific Catalyst version you used before, and it worked with the current flash version, you can downgrade drivers as well. Just make sure you do a clean install, downgrading over the top will not work.

#2 is the easiest and fastest, so it should be the first thing to try.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

Statistics
84696 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.