Topic Title: Screen resolution has its own will
Topic Summary: Changes itself over night from FULL HD to 720x480...
Created On: 03/02/2013 05:35 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/02/2013 05:35 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
tregub0502
Peon

Graphics Card
AMD Radeon HD 6450

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
Current version is Version 2012.1129.1016.18318

None other has been tested. But this driver version has worked perfectly with other identical setups (of monitor + pc)

Operating System
XP Professional 2002 32-bit, Service Pack 3

Issue Details
It is a setup of a pc and a (TV) flat screen. When I go to "control panel -> screen settings -> resolution" it'll only allow me to put a resolution up to 720x480. Then I press the tab "Catalyst Control Center", opens it, and then I'm able to force the resolution up to FULL HD - fair enough. But still inside the screen settings, it says it's 720x480 (even though it clearly isn't). Then at night when the screen's turned off (and sometimes the PC), the resolution jumps back to very low...

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
A SHARP lcd-TV connected to the PC through an HDMI-connection. I don't have the specific model name of the screen right now (since I am not at home), but I should be able to find it later if necessary.

CPU Details
Intel Celeron CPU G550 @ 2.60GHz

System Memory Type & Amount
4 GB DDR3 Kingston RAM

Additional Details

As stated I can only change the resolution through the CCC, and it won't keep it for long. I have tried updating the drivers for my flat screen (no new availabe) and drivers for the gfx card (no new available).

I don't know what to do, but it's really becoming a big problem.

Please help me, friends!

Statistics
85330 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.