Topic Title: Any drivers past 12.8 i get this
Topic Summary: picture distortion on reboot after install
Created On: 03/08/2013 11:48 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/08/2013 11:48 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
BUDWISER
Peon

Any CAT driver after 12.8 i get major picture distortion.i have tried everything...Driver wipe/clean,reinstall net 4.5 even uninstalled AntiVirus just in case.

I have:

HD5850

I7 860

8GB Ram

Win7 64

I have scoured the forums and FAQs and can't find anything similar in problem.I also only have games on this rig no video editing software or similar that i would think can interfere.It's not really critical that i update drivers all games are fine i just don't like being 5 behind.

Any help would be fantastic.

-------------------------
 03/09/2013 02:55 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

You've done everything , so answering these questions should be easy:

1. Why u no post system specs as asked in the "read before you post" sticky?

2. Is your motherboard BIOS up-to-date?

3. Have you tried fiddling with BIOS settings?

4. Does your card get enough power?

5. Are the card's clock speeds what they should be when you see this corruption?

6. Is this corruption desktop-only, or does it show up in 3D applications (games) as well? How about UVD-accelerated videos?

7. What happens if you move the card to another computer? Does it take the problem with itself?

8. What happens in a clean install of Win7?

9. What happens in a clean install of XP?

10. Linux + latest open source drivers - Does this combo work?

11. Linux + latest stable/beta proprietary drivers - Does any of these combos work?

12. Any anomalies in system (like OC, custom PCIe bus speed, custom voltages etc.)? Don't forget to include in #1.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

03/09/2013 03:45 AM

Author Icon
BUDWISER
Peon

1.What i provided should be more than enough considering no problems before CAT 12.9 at all

2.yes ...Not my first rodeo

3.Nope no need to

4.Antec trrupower 850 for a single GC

5.Can't tell Desktop is FUBAR cannot read any thing for most part

6.desktop as far as i can tell,almost all games go through Steam...refer to #5...haven't started steam up

7.It's not the card very apparrent in the topic description

8.Not gonna spend 6 hours updating after fresh install for a set of drivers that aren't even critical at this point.

9-12.Don't apply to me

03/09/2013 08:16 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

So you come here for help, get advice and deny trying stuff. Why come here in the first place then? To complain? To the community? Why?

Your whole post sounds like you think it is us screwing with your computer. Do you realize that you are on a peer-to-peer forum, not AMD support?

Example:

Downloading a linux live CD and booting the computer with it takes 6 hours. Fine. I suggest you get a better connection. This is just plain stupid.

Installing any windows OS to a temp partition takes 10-15 minutes. 30 if you have a slow computer.

I see lazyness, nothing else. You want people to solve the problem for you. Why should anyone do that?

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

03/09/2013 03:55 PM

Author Icon
BUDWISER
Peon

Obviously You think i am begging for "YOUR" help specifically.I am not going to spend 8 hours troubleshooting a driver issue that was not there pre 12.9.

I posted a picture to see if anyone has seen this happen with a similar card.I know more about PCs than u are assuming.If this had occured without updating drivers i would assume my card is starting to take a dump or overheating but its not.

The pic doesn't really show the whole scope of what my screen looks like.Any lettering on my screen is unreadable that is why i can't check certain things you think i am not trying, O holier than thou one.I have already tried what the support FAQs have suggested.I will not reinstall my OS or put another OS on my system regardless of how you feel.

I beleive it is a relatively easy solution such as...only update drivers and not the whole CAT package or something similar from previous experiences i have had.

Lazy...no

Complaining...not once

You having a Wizard of Oz complex....absolutely

Statistics
84269 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 10 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.