Under a fresh install of Windows 8 64-bit the AMD Catalyst drivers for a Radeon HD 7570 are failing to install. The package downloads from the AMD website just fine and the installer runs, but it doesn't actually install the Catalyst Control Center or the video card driver.
I tried both the 13.1 driver package as well as the 13.2 beta driver packge and got the same results both times.
Only the following items actually install when running the Catalyst installer:
- AMD Catalyst Install Manager
- AMD App SDK Runtime
- HDMI Audio Driver
As you can see, the CCC and the actual Catalyst video driver are not installed.
I have tried installing the driver manually (Device Manager -> Display Adapters -> Radeon HD 7500 -> Update Driver -> Have Disk), but Windows 8 reports that the Radeon HD 7500 drivers provided are not compatible with Windows 8.
The driver supplied by Windows Update is provided by Microsoft. It has a driver date of 6-19-2012 and version 126.96.36.199.
The name of the existing driver in Device Manager is: AMD Radeon HD 7500 Series Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.20
Some googling shows that this is not an uncommon issue. If you don't care about performance, using the default Windows driver probably isn't a big deal, but then again if you don't care about performance you're probably not using a discrete video card.
Any help in getting the AMD drivers installed would be appreciated.
- Radeon HD 7570, 1GB RAM, no overclocking
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- Currently running default Windows driver version 188.8.131.52
- Attempted to install Catalyst 13.1 and 13.2 (beta) both failed
- Windows 8, 64-bit; clean install
- Catalyst driver does not install. CCC does not install.
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- Dell XPS 8500
- default Dell power supply. 400W
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- Dell monitor connected to Radeon HD 7570 via a VGA cable. DVI <-> VGA adapter used.
Applications and Games
- Problem is with the Catalyst driver itself.
- Intel i5 CPU, no overclocking
Motherboard BIOS Version
- Dell XPS 8500 BIOS A09
System Memory Type & Amount
- 16GB RAM
02:00 AM by