I am getting a Random sized screen (usually cropped) when loading Games or other applications. The Screen size usually changes down from it's native 1920-1080 to 800-600 or 640-500. This happens in the startup screen as well, but in normal (Windows) operation the screen is fine. I have tried everything I know to fix this, including re-installing the drivers, and contacting Support From Microsoft & Sony (makers of the Tv I'm using as a monitor)
My Latest correspondence from Sony regarding this issue & my dissapointment that they have no drivers for this model TV is that the problem lays with the AMD. Which may be the case because for some reason the autodetect states the TV is a Sony CRT, which isn't the case..
Please HELP!!!!! I am at witts end over this..
AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series, No overclocking..
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
Driver packing Version. 12.10.17-130226a-153761E-AT & Catylist Version 13.2
- Have reied previous versions with no luck..
Operating Windows 7 Professional Service pack 1 Build.
The Issue first presents it's self at Windows Startup where Windows cycles through 2 different screen sizes during. In windows I have no Problem up untill I load a game where the game appears poorly cropped down in size and is completely unplayable. The TV is a Sony Bravia 40" KDL-40BX450
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- Asus P8P67-M
- sorry, cant find details.
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- Sony Bravia, model KDL-40BX450
- Am connected to PC via VGA
Applications and Games
- This is occuring with all applications that do not run in a Window.
- include model, speed, number of cores (ex: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Ed.)
- if any over-clocking is being done provide details about it (ex: multiplier, voltages, clock speeds, and the application used to over-clock)
Motherboard BIOS Version
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
System Memory Type & Amount
- 8 GB Ram
- Sorry, no Details.
- Am running Avast Antivirus..