Topic Title: MOM.exe and CCC.exe will not start - no error message
Topic Summary: The Catalyst Control Panel does not start and there is no error message
Created On: 03/19/2013 07:52 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/19/2013 07:52 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
JamesEdwardDodd
Peon

I was getting the infamous "Mom.implementation" error earlier and uninstalling and reinstalling did not work. The uninstaller and installer would just quit only saying they failed with no explanation. By reading your forums, I learned how to remove the old drivers and software (with a third part utility) and also that I probably needed to fix problems with .Net on my computer. I did all of that and now the latest 13.1 version of Catalyst and drivers install with no errors. All of my .Net problems appear to have been resolved. But the Catalyst Control Panel will not launch. There is no error. I read on another of your forum posts that MOM should be running but that is not running (in Task Manager) either. When I try to start them (MOM.exe and CCC.exe) myself, they seem to be doing something at first but then just quit with no error message.

I have a Dell Studio Desktop with Windows Vista 64-bit. I have all of the current updates installed. I am using a Radeon HD 3400 series display adapter. I have 4 GB of RAM and 500 GB disk. I got the 13-1-legacy_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc.exe installer from you rwebsite and that is what I have installed now.

Can you offer any suggestions?

Thank you,

Jim Dodd

03/30/2013 10:55 AM

Author Icon
crw1962
Peon

I am having the same problem with ccc.  The last version that works properly for me is ccc ver. 12.10.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-------------------------
 03/30/2013 07:56 PM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Originally posted by: crw1962 I am having the same problem with ccc.  The last version that works properly for me is ccc ver. 12.10.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You surely won't like my solution, but I'd reinstall the OS if I were you. .NET is a mess, reparing it is almost futile. You can also try contacting Microsoft Support but I'm sure you'll only get MS and AMD fingers pointing to each other.

I think the only fault AMD has here is the fact that they're still using .NET. They shouldn't, should never have. Anyone still remembers the good old days of the ATI Control Panel? I still miss it.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

Statistics
84176 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.