Topic Title: CCC 13.3 User Application Settings don't work?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/01/2013 05:48 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/01/2013 05:48 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Diriel
Peon

Driver Version: 13.3

Card: Saphire Radeon HD 7770 GHz edition Vapor-X

OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431)

Despite my including the Catalyst version I'm using here, I've been using the latest version since 12.10, and this feature has never worked.

I've asked about this issue before, but wasn't really given much of an answer, and the circumstances are slightly different.

I was originally told that the CCC User Application Profiles didn't work with OpenGL, which made no sense to me, but whatever. However I can't seem to get them to work with anything at all.

I've been trying to force Anti-Aliasing on GTAIV and EFLC. I am aware that these games use a very garbled version of DirectX that doesn't support actual AA, but Morphological Filtering works fine... Apart from making the UI a little melty.

Anyway, that's not the issue, I can get AA working in those games just fine by defining it in the System Settings, however when I set the System back to using application settings and create a profile for these games with the custom settings in them, nothing at all happens.

I've tried this with a bunch of different OpenGL and DirectX games now, including: GTAIV, Sims3, HL2, Skyrim and Dishonored.

I'm aware that most of these games support AA natively, but I was just seeing if I could get the profiles working with ANYTHING at all, so I would disable their native AA for testing. They're all DirectX games, so OpenGL isn't the problem. I've tried running them FullScreen and Windowed. However no matter what I do, the custom user application profiles refuse to take affect unless I actually apply them to system settings, and surely that's not the intention?

I'll include links to screenshots, since they're quite large:

http://vorix.net/misc/System.png

http://vorix.net/misc/EFLC.png

http://vorix.net/misc/NoAA.png

As you can see, despite my setting up the application profile to use AA, AA is not being applied. Which isn't the case if I copy those exact settings to the system wide settings.

So yeah, if anyone knows what's going on here, I'd be glad for a resolution. I'm starting to miss my Nvidia. T_T

04/01/2013 08:54 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

It is strange and seems to work fine for everyone else. Do you have an intrusive AV solution, which -- in theory -- can prevent CCC from reading the process list or getting notified when a new process starts? Kaspersky and Comodo come into my mind, but it's just speculation.

Do you have UAC on?

If you have UAC on, what happens if you kill CCC.exe and MOM.exe, and then start CCC.exe as administrator?

Do you have any debugging software running in the background or anything that installs hooks? Ancient version of Fraps maybe? Anything else?

Anything interfering with the D3D device of the game? XFire overlay, Steam overlay, Uplay overlay, Origin overlay, MSI afterburner overlay, ATI Tray Tools overlay etc.?

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

04/01/2013 04:56 PM

Author Icon
Diriel
Peon

Originally posted by: EydeeDo you have an intrusive AV solution, which -- in theory -- can prevent CCC from reading the process list or getting notified when a new process starts? Kaspersky and Comodo come into my mind, but it's just speculation.

I only really bother with MSE, it's possible that it could be shielding the process list, but I doubt it. Once I'm done writing this I'll disable it and restart, I'll edit in the outcome. xD

Do you have UAC on?

I don't, but I did speculate that it may be the lack of administrative privileges shortly after creating this topic. To this end I set CLIStart.exe, CLI.exe, CCC.exe and MOM.exe to run as administrator by default, and restarted. No change. =/

Do you have any debugging software running in the background or anything that installs hooks? Ancient version of Fraps maybe?

Fraps is the only one I can think of, other than Window FX which hooks DWM to create compiz style wobbly windows. However for the purpose of testing this, neither of these are running.

Anything interfering with the D3D device of the game? XFire overlay, Steam overlay, Uplay overlay, Origin overlay, MSI afterburner overlay, ATI Tray Tools overlay etc.?

I hadn't thought of this one, I've disabled the Steam overlay and tried EFLC again, unfortunately there was no change. Then I wondered if it was because EFLC has the GFWL stuff shoved into it. So I tried HL2 with the Steam overlay disabled, however still no change.

I'm not sure if it'll be much help, but I've thrown a DxDiag up here:

http://vorix.net/misc/DxDiag.txt

Thanks muchly for responding so quickly.

--Edit

Okay, so now I have all overlays off, my AV off, all the CCC related executables running as admin and all processes that could possibly interfere aren't running at all. However still no change. :<

I also forgot to mention earlier, I have tried a clean install using the cleanup utility v1.2.1.0. I figured perhaps something had gone a bit wonky in an update somewhere, but no. It made no change.

--Edit Again

I've just tried the third party RadeonPro utility, which functions perfectly, so there's clearly nothing stopping anything from monitoring processes. I'm considering completely disabling CCC and simply replacing it with RadeonPro, although I would still quite like this issue worked out. If I can get this issue solved, I would use CCC over RP. I'm not the biggest fan of trusting third party programs to fiddle with driver level stuff. Although at the moment CCC isn't giving me much of a choice. xD

Edited: 04/02/2013 at 12:16 AM by Diriel
 04/17/2013 08:40 PM

Author Icon
johnmautari
Peon

Hello,

GTA IV and ELFC can't be forced to use MSAA, better leave it as Application Controlled because forcing MSAA might cause visual glitches in those games. Try forcing only Morphological Filtering to see if the profile kicks in.

BTW, MLAA can't be captured in screenshots.

-------------------------
RadeonPro Developer
 04/17/2013 08:54 PM

Author Icon
Diriel
Peon

Originally posted by: DirielI've been trying to force Anti-Aliasing on GTAIV and EFLC. I am aware that these games use a very garbled version of DirectX that doesn't support actual AA, but Morphological Filtering works fine... Apart from making the UI a little melty.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, and thanks for replying, but please do read what I've posted before trying to help. =/

I am well aware that these games don't support MSAA or SSAA. I am only trying to force Morphological. My point is that when it's the CCC system default, it works fine. When I set the profile up in Radeon Pro, it works fine. When I try to set up a profile in CCC, nothing happens.

It doesn't really matter anymore though, I've stopped installing CCC altogether now. It really is awful. Just using Radeon Pro now. =P

Statistics
88921 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.