Topic Title: AMD VISION Engine Control Center Monitor Identity
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/03/2013 07:46 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/03/2013 07:46 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
CoolerNL
Peon

I have a dual monitor setup, one with a 1920x1200 resolution, and the other one with a 1440x900 resolution.

Windows properly identifies my main 1920x1200 monitor as the main monitor (number 1).

However, in the AMD driver it identifies my main 1920x1200 monitor with the number 2.

Normally this does not matter, since most applications only use the display that is marked primary. However, I am trying to play WoW which inherits the screen resolution from the AMD driver. And somehow the AMD driver doesn't give the primary display to inherit, but it gives the display with the number 1.

This causes me to only be able to select a maximum resolution of 1440x900 in the game. Even when I want to play on my main monitor.

I have tried disconnecting my second 1440x900 monitor and it works perfectly. The main display becomes number 1 (because there only is one display), WoW inherits the resolution of this display and I can set the in-game resolution to 1920x1200.

However, as soon as I reconnect my second monitor, the AMD driver suddenly swaps the numbers again and gives the main monitor number 2 again, causing the maximum in-game resolution issue to return.

I have been looking all over the place for hours to find a solution to this issue, I hope someone here can help me with this.

Statistics
84158 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.