This sound a lot like a problem I had with installing a new sound Card. I know what does a sound card have to do with a Graphic card. The procedure I use to get the driver to install .
1. follow the procedure used to cleaning up the old drivers
2. Restart your system, if windows ask to install driver for your card Don't.
3. Go into control panel, Device manager and check and see what driver is running your card, it should be a generic driver. If it is any thing other then a generic uninstall form device manager, Do not reboot.
4. Go to the location you have the AMD drivers and install using custom, click on the item you want to install.
5. Also install the new chip set driver if they apply.
I will say this again, this is the procedure I use for may sound card. As I have not had this problem with my Graphic card I'm not sure it will help. But its worth trying.
GA-MA-790X-UD4P AMD Phenom II 555 BE @3.2 unlocked to 4 cores
Corsair H50 (CPU Cooler) PS Antec EW 750 /Case Antec 900 II
Asus EAH5770 CUcore/Super Talent 8GB DDR2 6400/LG HL-DT-ST DVD/CD Burner,Alpine 3 1/2 Floppy /Hitachi 250 ,WD 250 /Ati High Definition Audio, Creative SB Titanium X-Fi. OS Windows XP 32 Windows 7 64 Ultimate.
01:16 PM by