This sound a lot like a problem I had with installing a new sound Card. I know what does a sound card have to do with a Graphic card. The procedure I use to get the driver to install .
1. follow the procedure used to cleaning up the old drivers
2. Restart your system, if windows ask to install driver for your card Don't.
3. Go into control panel, Device manager and check and see what driver is running your card, it should be a generic driver. If it is any thing other then a generic uninstall form device manager, Do not reboot.
4. Go to the location you have the AMD drivers and install using custom, click on the item you want to install.
5. Also install the new chip set driver if they apply.
I will say this again, this is the procedure I use for may sound card. As I have not had this problem with my Graphic card I'm not sure it will help. But its worth trying.
AMD FX-8350 Black Edition | ASUS Sabertooth R2.0 | EVGA 850W | 16 GB Cosair DDR3 1600 | WD 250 GB HD| HT 250 GB HD | LG DVD +/- RW (SATA) | Sapphire R9 280X | Thermaltake Aromor Lcs Case | Dell Monitor| Logitech keyboard/mouse | Logitech speakers | Corsair H55 CPU cooler|Windows 7 x64
01:16 PM by