Topic Title: All uninstall methods remove my USB filter drivers
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/14/2013 05:36 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/14/2013 05:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
rwillia157
Peon

Problem:  I am trying to update my graphics drivers during the uninstal the uninstaller deletd my usb filter drivers.  Never had this problem before 12.11.  I tried the the new catalyst uninstall utility the same thing happened.  I tried driver fusion same thing happened.  I followed the guide here in the FAQ how to section  same thing happened.  I f  Ido a custom uninstall it brings up the usb filter driver I uncheck it uninstall but then I can't reinstall afterwards as I get faileures.  Acoording to AMD here it is becuase I have not fully uninstalled old drivers. I have always used AMD since the late 90's and updated drivers countless times and only now have this issue.  Problem is Since all ouput devices are USB when this happens the only way to get the system to work is a system restore since without a working usb I have no mouse or keyboard control.  I would just reinstall the drivers butI have no control over th system then.  Please I would appreciate any help other than the steps I have already taken.  The only reason I am posting here is those steps have not worked for me.GRAPHICS CARD:XFX R7850 Double Dispenstaionstock speedsOS:  WIN 7 64 bit fully updated including 4.5 .NET FRAMEWORKSYSTEM:HP P6710FPSU: CORSAIR GSU 800 800 W PSUCPU:  AMD PHENOM II X6 1065T Stock no OC16GB RAMRAN ABOVE AS WELL AS REGISTRY DEFRAG, DISK DEFRAG ERROR CHECKS AND WINDOWS UPDATE.
 04/15/2013 02:02 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

First thing to find out should be why you need those USB drivers in the first place. The last time anything like that was necessary was using Windows 95 and 98 and XP vanilla. Do you have an experimental USB 4.0 motherboard engineering sample or anything like that?

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

04/16/2013 01:33 AM

Author Icon
rwillia157
Peon

NO I don't at all have anything like that.  It  is a Foxcon 2ab1 nothing fancy that is why I am so stumped.  I am not the only one this has happened to either I have read on guru 3d forums where it has happened to multiple people and a tech support rep from XFX said it was a known issue from AMD.  I f you don't have these drivers isn't windows supposed to install defualt ones?  My system doesn't just no USB control at all.  I narrowed down to those drivers exaclty it is wierd.  They even come in the chipset driver update released in january but of course can't install them without the mouse or keyboard under a windows enviroment.  Sorry hadn't responded after I posted this I tried one more thing and my system was totally unstable so had to do a system wipe and reinstall that of course fixed the problem but I am not going to do that everytime I need to update GPU drivers.
 04/16/2013 01:36 AM

Author Icon
rwillia157
Peon

NO special board at all just a foxcon 2AB1.  Wierd never had this issue until 12.11 and I see on many forums that others have had the same issue.  XFX tech support even said it is a known issue with AMD chipset systems running the newest drivers.  Isn't windows supposed to install a default set of drivers if they are not present?
Statistics
85450 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.