Topic Title: HD 6950 not recognizing DVI projector
Topic Summary: After upgrading to these cards, can't use projector
Created On: 04/24/2013 03:25 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/24/2013 03:25 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
pixelwiz
Peon

Hello, I just upgraded my PC from old NVidia 9500 GT dual cards to dual Radeon HD 6950.  I have two monitors and one projector, which used to run just fine on Nvidia.  One of the monitors is DVI one is VGA, and I'm using a DVI to VGA adapter to make it work with the new cards.  Monitors work fine on any DVI plug.  However, when I try to plug-in my Optoma EP739 projector, it is not detected.  I tried to do detect inside catalyst as well as inside windows screen resolution.  The wire I have is HDMI to DVI with DVI being plugged into the projector.  I tried plugging it into the HDMI port on both cards, nothing detected (with projector on, or off, and after reboot).  I also tried to add an HDMI to DVI adapter and plug it into the DVI ports, still nothing detected.  Tried to unplug the other monitors and just have projector after reboot, nothing.  Tried it with a VGA cable and DVI to VGA converter going to the card, works.  But my VGA cable is short, by DVI cable is 25".  And I'd much prefer the DVI quality.  Is there any way to make it work?  Tried to contact Optoma, they said since it works with my older cards it's not an issue with the projector.  Although I believe that model is know for having some EDID issues.  I'm runnign 13.1 Catalyst drivers.  Any suggestions?

04/24/2013 04:39 PM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

It worked with nvidia because it was 2 cards. You need to use an active DP to whatever you need adapter to use 3 displays on a single card. (AMD only, nvidia can't do it).

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

04/24/2013 05:38 PM

Author Icon
pixelwiz
Peon

THanks, but I have two Radeon HD 6950 cards.  I should be able to run 6 displays, but I only need 3.  Further, if I unplug all the monitors and just plug in the projector, it's still not detected.  No matter what I do I can't get the cards to detect the projector is plugged in.

Statistics
88849 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.