Topic Title: Random sound stutter via HDMI audio when playing music or PC games (Driver 13.4)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/29/2013 04:05 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/29/2013 04:05 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
loveclaire
Peon

I bought a Gigabyte 7850 OC two days ago to replace my broken Sapphire 4850. I have been using HDMI audio driver for a long time it had been working great with my old 4850.

I completely removed the old CCC and installed 13.4 for the new card. Through two days of testing, I've encountered several times of really bad sound stuttering through playing PC games or playing music.

It happened randomly. It could happen when I was playing ARMA 2 and running A-Train 9 Viewer or it could happen after playing music for a while. Once it happened, even after I closed the game, I still get sound stuttering when I play music on desktop. Sometimes the sound stuttering was gone after a while without requiring an OS restart.

When the sound stuttering happened, switching back to onboard sound would solved the issue. And the sound stuttering happened even when the onboard sound device was disabled.

I am not sure if it has anything to do with idle memory clock being too low (150mhz) because it did happen when running pc games. And I am not sure about overheating issue since the card was only ~55 celsius under full loaded test.

Am I just being lucky to get one of those defected card or could it be driver issue? Since it happened randomly, it makes harder for me to return it. 

Thanks for you help.

My PC Spec

Intel E8400 (No OC)

Gigabyte GA EP45

Gigabyte HD 7850 OC

Win XP SP3 (32 bit)

4 GB RAM

Statistics
86413 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.