Topic Title: Where is Catalyst Control Centre
Topic Summary: I don't seem to have the software installed
Created On: 05/01/2013 08:12 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/01/2013 08:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
vodkasod
Peon

I have just come back to Vista after a while using XP & am re-installing software, setting my PC up as I like it.

I have a Radeon 3850 HD AGP card in this machine so have downloaded the latest Drivers & Catalyst Control Centre (well, this seems to be the latest, named 13-1-legacy_vista_win7_win8_32_dd_ccc) and installed it.

However, I got none of the usual flickering & resetting of drivers that I am used to when updating Graphics Software & I did not have to reboot (though I have done so).

I have a familiar icon in my system tray, but it is for "AMD Vision Engine Control Centre", whatever that may be, but nothing for the Catalyst Control Centre that I remember, where I could change just about every possible setting to do with my Graphics Card, including controlling multiple screens.

What's happened here, why do I have software that seems to be pointless and not the software I was expecting ?!?

05/01/2013 08:28 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Fishman
Master Looter

AMD Vision Engine Control Centre is   CCC. The name was changed.

-------------------------

GA-MA-790FXT-UD5P/ AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black/2 x XFX HD5870 /RipjawsX 2x4gb DDR3 1333/ Corsair TX750M/ Antec 900 case/ Windows 7x64 Ult.

05/01/2013 08:55 AM

Author Icon
vodkasod
Peon

Originally posted by: Fishman AMD Vision Engine Control Centre is   CCC. The name was changed.

But this software is nothing like the CCC I used to use !!! This allows me to change Power Profiles & define how long until my Screen turns off, that's not what I want, I want the Software that allows you to define the Screen Resolution, how to handle multiple screens, how to handle 3d, whether it's hardware or software controlled, etc., etc., etc. !!!

05/01/2013 10:45 AM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Vision engine control center will show up if you have AMD processor and AMD graphics. CCC is for Intel processor and AMD graphics. Both have the same features except VECC has cpu adjustments in addition. Neither will work if you don't have the proper service pack and the correct netframework version. I would go to the section called "How-to and FAQ" and read the netframeworks requirement.

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

05/01/2013 11:38 AM

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Originally posted by: vodkasod
Originally posted by: Fishman AMD Vision Engine Control Centre is   CCC. The name was changed.

But this software is nothing like the CCC I used to use !!! This allows me to change Power Profiles & define how long until my Screen turns off, that's not what I want, I want the Software that allows you to define the Screen Resolution, how to handle multiple screens, how to handle 3d, whether it's hardware or software controlled, etc., etc., etc. !!!

There should be such settings as well. They can be missing however, if you

1. Don't have the .NET framework requirements installed

2. Let Windows Update overwrite your drivers (so you get mismatched versions)

3. Run any components in compatibility mode

Check all these, and make a full reinstall. It should work. Also don't use express install, but custom, and take a look at what it's installing. If anything is missing (driver or CCC/VECC), there's a problem.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

05/01/2013 02:16 PM

Author Icon
vodkasod
Peon

Originally posted by: stumped Vision engine control center will show up if you have AMD processor and AMD graphics. CCC is for Intel processor and AMD graphics. Both have the same features except VECC has cpu adjustments in addition. Neither will work if you don't have the proper service pack and the correct netframework version. I would go to the section called "How-to and FAQ" and read the netframeworks requirement.

Stumped, this is the exact same machine, no hardware has changed, so I know it's nothing to do with my set up ... everything on this PC is, as far as I know, up to date with respect to .net Framework, Drivers and Service Packs ... I have no problem with Visual Studio 2010, for instance, and that has all the latest .net updates applied ...

05/01/2013 02:21 PM

Author Icon
vodkasod
Peon

Thanks Eydee, but as I've just said to stumped, everything *should* be up to date, I can find no problems or anything out of date.

I always run custom installs, too much adware & spyware installed on the sly if you don't !!! I will uninstall, delete all my Video drivers and try again ... I hope it works this time !!!

05/01/2013 03:11 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

I assumed by your post, that you were running XP and went back to Vista. That is a big change...so, check your version of netframework and make sure you have all the 'suggested' updates from microsoft. You must have the latest service pack. Then try a clean install > http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=444&threadid=162444&enterthread=y

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

05/01/2013 11:39 PM

Author Icon
thughes1
Peon

Tonight, I went looking for CCC because it was not running in the system tray as usual.So I downloaded a version for Windows 7 64 bit, HD7850 and it appeared to install.No, it did not install.  The remaining links in start up and all programs do not load.Running the compatibility wizard tries to start it in windows xp mode ( no luck ).Windows comes back and says that CCC in incompatible.  Ive been running CCC on my computers for 10 years.  The driver in use is the most current I know of 12.104.
Statistics
86503 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.