Topic Title: Flickering/Vsync issues when using 2 cloned monitors w/ HD 7970 & CCC 13.4
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/03/2013 05:30 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/03/2013 05:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
squalltheonly
Peon

Hello, I just joined because I am having issues w/ my HD 7970 and CCC 13.4. I am experiencing flickering (and a scrolling overlay that goes from top to bottom) on 1 of the TVs only, the other one is fine, during videos/games or any full screen application that has moving images. Before I had an HD 5850 and the previous CCC, the flickering/Vsync was happening on the PC monitor that is connected thru DVI/HDMI but the HDTV connected thru HDMI was fine. Now w/ the new HD 7970 and CCC 13.4 the issue switched to the HDMI and the DVI/HDMI is fine.

I have disabled all the video quality enhancements in CCC, but nothing. Also played around w/ video settings from the different players that I have like WMPC and WMP, but nothing. I also played around w/ Vsync and OpenGL, but nothing. I don't think I can record this issue w/ fraps or another software, cuz I can't select which TV to record since they are both cloned, maybe I can use my phone.

This doesn't happen when using extended desktop or EyeFinity, but I don't like those 2 settings much cuz the desktop gets all disorganized when turning 1 TV off. I only turn on the HDTV when watching movies or playing games.

My specs:
ASUS Crosshair V Formula
AMD FX 8120 @ 3.9Ghz
Gygabite HD 7970 3GB GDDR5
Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866Mhz
SSD 120GB
Windows 7 Premium Home

Thank You.

EDIT: I have read that if the HDMI cable is touching any power cables, the image can get interference. I have checked and the HDMI cable isn't touching any power cables.

05/09/2013 03:11 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
squalltheonly
Peon

I switched the cables around, connected the HDTV thru DVI/HDMI but still the flickering on that display continues.

Statistics
85355 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.