Topic Title: Flickering/Vsync issues when using 2 cloned monitors w/ HD 7970 & CCC 13.4
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/03/2013 05:30 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/03/2013 05:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
squalltheonly
Peon

Hello, I just joined because I am having issues w/ my HD 7970 and CCC 13.4. I am experiencing flickering (and a scrolling overlay that goes from top to bottom) on 1 of the TVs only, the other one is fine, during videos/games or any full screen application that has moving images. Before I had an HD 5850 and the previous CCC, the flickering/Vsync was happening on the PC monitor that is connected thru DVI/HDMI but the HDTV connected thru HDMI was fine. Now w/ the new HD 7970 and CCC 13.4 the issue switched to the HDMI and the DVI/HDMI is fine.

I have disabled all the video quality enhancements in CCC, but nothing. Also played around w/ video settings from the different players that I have like WMPC and WMP, but nothing. I also played around w/ Vsync and OpenGL, but nothing. I don't think I can record this issue w/ fraps or another software, cuz I can't select which TV to record since they are both cloned, maybe I can use my phone.

This doesn't happen when using extended desktop or EyeFinity, but I don't like those 2 settings much cuz the desktop gets all disorganized when turning 1 TV off. I only turn on the HDTV when watching movies or playing games.

My specs:
ASUS Crosshair V Formula
AMD FX 8120 @ 3.9Ghz
Gygabite HD 7970 3GB GDDR5
Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866Mhz
SSD 120GB
Windows 7 Premium Home

Thank You.

EDIT: I have read that if the HDMI cable is touching any power cables, the image can get interference. I have checked and the HDMI cable isn't touching any power cables.

05/09/2013 03:11 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
squalltheonly
Peon

I switched the cables around, connected the HDTV thru DVI/HDMI but still the flickering on that display continues.

Statistics
84854 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 11 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.