Topic Title: Radeon 7950 - No Sound Over HDMI 13.4/13.5 - But did with 12.X
Topic Summary: No Sound sent over HDMI with the new 13.4/.5 drivers but when using the 12.X drivers it did.
Created On: 05/10/2013 11:53 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/10/2013 11:53 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Goldeneyedog
Peon

Looking for a solution to this, none of the ones I have tried online have worked. I have tired using the Realtek driver but it does not solve the issue, I have tried sending sound over the motherboard but my motherboard cannot do that and ultimately that's not solving the problem as the 7950 does and DID send audio over hdmi for the first few months of having the card, it's only since updating to the 13.4 driver that I've had this issue and reverting does not work and is not an option as I get significantly better gaming performance/higher framerates with these new drivers and I do have a set of speakers for when using my monitor. However when I use my TV I put the sound through that and this was not a problem on the old drivers. I am putting this out there to see if anyone knows of a solution that does not involve;
 - Realtek Audio as this does not fix it (at least for my computer)
 - Motherboard Audio through HDMI (doesn't work on the mobo I have)
 - Rolling-back to older drivers as it is simply not an option, I'd need to reinstall windows (having already tried to just roll back it didn't work and it's not something I want to do)
 - I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling/removing... Catalyst Control Centre and drivers so that is probably not the solution either.

I am not trying to shoot anybody down in advance; all of those things would be good and valid suggestions, they just haven't actually worked and when it comes to sending audio over HDMI I have familiarised myself with the process over many years due to countless problems with it, this is the first one I have not been able to fix. 

From what I have read online it seems to be a known problem for some people and maybe AMD could release a patch for it? Or could give me some way of keeping all my new drivers except the audio one and putting a link out to the older 12.X drivers that worked with my HDMI port.

Thanks,

Callum. 

05/10/2013 12:11 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

If you look on each driver download page, there is a issue reporting form that goes straight to AMD technical support > http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

That is the way to report isssues. This being a gaming forum, no technical support is found here.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

05/10/2013 01:13 PM

Author Icon
Goldeneyedog
Peon

I've reported this to AMD through their report sheet but this forum was linked on their website as "support forum" so if anything, there should be technical support on this page given that it is called by AMD a "Support Forum".

05/10/2013 01:17 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Argue? Look at the top of the page....AMD game forum. It is a support forum for gaming issues. It doesn't matter what you think there "should be". Also on each driver download page is a link for previous drivers.

Older driver (via google) http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/previous/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

http://benchmark3d.com/drivers-search

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

Edited: 05/10/2013 at 01:32 PM by stumped
 02/20/2014 02:10 AM

Author Icon
larry.w.johnson21
Peon

going into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Video
then there is a folder that contains folder 0000 as well as others
if you go into 0000
go down to  PP_SclkDeepSleepDisable REG_DWORD and turn its value to a 1
restart computer and boom you'll have sound.

I had same issue yesterday and this fixed it.

Statistics
85319 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.