Topic Title: drivers & Red Faction 3 & 4
Topic Summary: destruction lag still unfixed. nothing to do with cpu power. it's a driver issue!!!! was playable on 4870 cat9.10
Created On: 05/12/2013 05:49 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/12/2013 05:49 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
RanCorX2
Peon

hello,my last desktop pc had a Athlon 64 X2 6000 & hd 4870.when i first played red faction guerrilla it lagged horribly when destroying buildings, ati released catalyst 9.10 and  the problem was solved. I finished the game and then uninstalled it.later on i built a new pc with a Phenom II X4 840T & hd 6850, i also decided to replay red faction guerrilla again. only to find out the game was unplayable again. i reported the issue to ati/amd via driver feedback, twice, quite some time ago but it was never resolved again.please can this be fixed again as it effects red faction armageddon as well and I never got to finish it.I've also tried older drivers, but ones older than 10.7 don't even work with the game....none fixed the lag. I'd love to play these games and without the lag.

i've also submitted a support ticket, as these are the only two games i own that perform badly and i've never been able to get them playable again...each driver release does nothing to solve the prob. I wish i could use the old drivers but as i said they don't work, black screen / d3d errors.

Edited: 05/12/2013 at 06:00 AM by RanCorX2
Statistics
84181 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.