Topic Title: Native resolution not displaying correctly
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/12/2013 06:13 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/15/2013 01:44 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
4goTTen21
Peon

Originally posted by: QB the Slayer Well then I would say your Monitor's EDID is broken...  I would try and use CRU and maybe you can do an EDID override with a simple registry addition.

http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU

Use the Standard LCD and set the resolution you want...  Hit apply and re-boot.

QB

I know you don't gonna believe it

06/15/2013 06:03 AM

Author Icon
QB the Slayer
Master Looter

Uninstall the Syncmaster "Monitor" driver and install the "Generic Monitor" driver that comes with windows.  Then try and run CRU again.

It seems that the Syncmaster driver is not working and it is completely borking your registry.  I would bet your monitor's EDID is corrupt and windows tried to find a match and guessed wrong.  Maybe forcing the generic one will help get the ball rolling.

QB

-------------------------

The MONSTER HTPC:

CPU: AMD FX-8350.||.Cooler: Corsair H80i
MB: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7.||.RAM: 8 GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3 2000MHz (7-10-8-27-1T)
Case: CoolerMaster HAF 932.||.PSU: Corsair HX750
GPU:Asus R9 270X DirectCU II TOP.||.Audio: Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro w/ Logitech Z-5300e (5.1, 280W-RMS)
System Drive: 2xSamsung 840 Pro 128GB RAID0.||.Working Drive: 2xMushkin Chronos 60GB RAID0

06/15/2013 01:28 PM

Author Icon
4goTTen21
Peon

Originally posted by: QB the Slayer Uninstall the Syncmaster "Monitor" driver and install the "Generic Monitor" driver that comes with windows.  Then try and run CRU again.

It seems that the Syncmaster driver is not working and it is completely borking your registry.  I would bet your monitor's EDID is corrupt and windows tried to find a match and guessed wrong.  Maybe forcing the generic one will help get the ball rolling.

QB

Everything done. Still same error (but what the h. now I can set 1920 x 1080 ? ) lol.  Crazy 

I'l drop it boys. I will back to Vista where everything always worked perfectly.

Thanks so much for your help

Statistics
88837 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.