Topic Title: ASUS Radeon HD7770/Catalyst 13.4 problems
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/08/2013 04:15 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/08/2013 04:15 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
code99
Peon

Hello,

I come here as a last resort. I've been having issues with this video card ever since I bought it which was several months ago.

Ill start with my specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 810 2600 MHz

GPU: ASUS Radeon HD 7770 1024GB GDDR5 (Catalyst 13.4)

RAM: 4GB (2x2GB) Corsair XMS2 DDR2

PSU: Corsair VX 550W

Motherboard:  Sapphire PC AM2RX780

HDD:  1. 120GB Corsair Force GT SSD

2. 1TB Western Digital HDD

The problem 

This machine is my gaming station. I play games on a daily basis, most of which are online games. Ever since I bought this card as an upgrade to my last GPU I've been having serious issues with some of my games.

Most of the problems happen when I play World of Tanks. Essentially what happens is that when I start playing, the game will often freeze and minimize and I get a system tray notification saying something along the lines of "Display driver stopped working but has successufully recovered". At this point I can't maximize teh game anymore, if i try to do it, nothing happens, the game cant recover from this so I have to use the task manager to end the game.

This issue happens randomly, sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes i can play for a day without a problem and sometimes I cant even get 5 minutes out of that game.

Similar issues happen when I play other games aswell, I'll take APB Reloaded as an example. When I play that game, sometimes it freezes just like World of Tanks but it will "un-freeze" itself after a few seconds and I'm able to continue playing. I once managed to minimze the game when that happened and guess what I saw in a system tray notification "Display driver stopped working but has successufully recovered".

I've been trying to find a solution to this problem for months. I've posted this on countless forums, including the forums for the affected games, i've even sent support tickets to those games and spend weeks trying to solve this issue but with no luck. Many blame the drivers and by what i've seen I think they were right. I'm not the only one having these issues in those games, there are a LOT of people with cards similar to mine that have the same exact problems.

Between me and the rest of those ppl and the ppl that tried to fix this issue, we tried everything we could think of. I've reinstalled my OS from scratch, I've downgraded my gpu drivers and updated to beta versions but with no luck, I've changed my PSU, changed my RAM and the list goes on.

I've tested those games on my computer with 2 other video cards, the Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT and the Nvidia Geforce 650 GTX and those games worked flawlesly.

I've already checked the sitcky on this forum that deals with the "Display driver stopped working bla bla bla" problem already and most of those things i've already done and the rest of the suggestions didnt work.

Now, im sick and tired of this problem, ive been at it for months so any help would be most apreciated.

In case I am unable to fix this I will contact my country customer protection and/or my bank and try and get my money back for this card because apparently the warranty on this product is valid only if the product is damaged which apparently it isnt (at least thats what the store i bought it from say) so I cant return it via my warranty which leaves me with only the customer protection and my bank to solve this. I'm pretty sure Ill get my money back if i do it that way but its something i will only do as a very last resort.

Please any help would be awesome. If i missed something let me know, if you need any other info let me know.

Thanks.

07/08/2013 04:26 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Stack Smasher

You can't have searched too hard. What you have is a Windows issue, not graphics. Read

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit *Gateway HD2401 24" 2ms 1920x1200  ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit  

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

07/08/2013 04:43 PM

Author Icon
code99
Peon

Erm ... Yeah ... i've already done that some while ago ... not much of an improvement other than sometimes it takes ages for the game to crash.

At that point i assumed it was a driver/hardware issue (GPU)

Edited: 07/08/2013 at 05:00 PM by code99
Statistics
80938 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.