Locked Topic Locked
Topic Title: 5850 Crossfire - Second Monitor Flicker
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/09/2013 06:22 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/09/2013 06:22 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
wadeal
Peon

I've read literally hundreds of posts around the internet from people with cards from all manufacturers with the same issues.

This is BULLSHIT AMD.

I've gone out and spent $600 on new matching monitors, plug them in, flickering and BS all over the second monitor. Google it, common as anything.

I have never overclocked my card/s and now have the Overdrive disabled (From it's default of enabled?!) completely. This makes no difference.

From the info I can gather online the issue is due to the cards changing from 3d to 2d clocks all the time or some BS that I should NOT HAVE TO KNOW ABOUT. The "solution" is I need to either literally "play" around with the profiles and BS until I get it right or go trying to flash the BIOS of the device with another vendors BIOS and potentially kill my hardware...

As someone who has stuck with AMD since my first PC with it's K6-2 I'm beyond infruiratied that this could even happen, let alone that even with the latest drives it's still not fixed. I goto my vendors support site (Gigabyte) and the support/warranty is "return to place of puchase (NOT OUR PROBLEM HAHAHA)".

If I don't have a exact fix for this in 24 hours I won't touch an AMD product again and I'll be sure to advise every person who asks of the way you "support" your products.

07/10/2013 09:56 PM

Author Icon
wadeal
Peon

I did the "mess with the profiles and clock speeds" BS yesterday and somehow had it fixed. Shutdown and startup today, back to flickering. Set the clocks at 5mhz higher as per yesterday, does nothing today.

Can see the memory clock sitting on 300mhz, from research this is the cause, memory clock being too low.

AMD - HOW DO I SET THE 2D CLOCK SPEED TO A SPEED THAT DOESN'T BREAK DUAL MONITORS?

WHY HAVE YOU STILL NOT FIXED THIS OR ADDRESSED THIS THREAD?

08/01/2013 11:30 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

Thread Locked.

wadeal, I have deleted a number of your reply posts to this thread given the severe vulgarity of language used.  I have also locked this topic, and sent you a PM.  Though I can certainly understand your frustration, the language used is not tolerated.  

You are welcome to try again, by creating another thread.  However, you have been warned.  Resort to this type of abusive, and vulgar language and you will be banned from the AMD Support & Game Forum.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

Statistics
87670 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.