In the DxDiag scan, it states that my graphics card is using drivers from late 2012, when I just went on the AMD website and updated them to the recent ones from May! Why is this happening? Is there something special I need to do to have a more recent driver overwrite or update the current one that's being used?
- AMD Radeon HD 7850 (though that is only from the Best Buy website, my PC simply says 7800 series instead of 7850).
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- 8.982.0.0 - I have gone through updates for more recent drivers, including version 13.4 from 5/29/2013, but after "updating" and finishing the installation process for the drivers, the current driver still remains 8.982.0.0
- Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, build 9200) - under current display mode, it says 32-bit, strangely.
Pretty much all of my games (including Tomb Raider, Civ V, Hotline Miami, The Witcher, etc.) and other programs work just fine and without issue. I bought Crusader Kings 2 yesterday and cannot play for 5 minutes without a freeze that forces me to ctrl + alt + del and use the task manager to end the game. I went on their support forums and they asked me to post the DxDiag results, where their moderator pointed out I was using old drivers from 2012. I thought I had updated them several times more recently (I hadn't even bought the computer yet in 2012), so I went to a link to this site with drivers that he posted and updated them again anyways. Alas, after "updating" my drivers, the current drivers used for my graphics card have stayed the same.
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- HP Pavilion 23bw connected with an HDMI cable
Applications and Games
- Crusader Kings 2, but the driver issue is obviously not an issue specifically with that game
- AMD FX(tm) - 8120 Eight Core Processor
Motherboard BIOS Version
- Bios v6.00PG ?
System Memory Type & Amount
- 16 GB DDR3 RAM