Topic Title: AMD Driver Doesn't Upgrade From Default Windows 8 Driver
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/23/2013 05:29 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/23/2013 05:29 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MalcolmH
Peon

Graphics Card - AMD Radeon HD 7570 1GBDriver - AMD Radeon HD 7500 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.20)Driver Version - 8.97.10.6  19th June 2012OS: Windows 8 Pro 64 bitIssue Details:I have connected this card to two screens, one via DVI-I which works fine and the other via the HDMI port on the card. On this latter monitor the video is displayed with a wide black border around the edge - this is the issue I'm trying to correct.I've Googled this issue and I believe I need to make an adjustment in the AMD Control Center to resolve the problem. However, I still have the Microsoft Windows 8 default driver for the card installed (details above) and no AMD Control Center so I downloaded the latest software from the AMD support website and installed it. This successfully installed AMD Catalyst Install Manager, AMD APP SDK Runtime and HDMI Audio Driver but it didn't update the graphics driver or install the AMD Control Center.I therefore tried to manually update the driver by pointing it a the the files located at C:\AMD\Support\13-4_win7_win8_dd_ccc_whql on the hard as per an article I found in the AMD knowledgebase but I got a message telling me that I already have the latest driver.I then tried to remove all AMD software with the AMD Catalyst Install Manager but it only removed itself, AMD APP SDK Runtime and the HDMI Audio Driver. I then manually uninstalled the driver from Device Manager and rebooted but Windows re-installed the original driver.I also tried manually uninstalling the driver from device Manager then running the 13.4 software straight away, i.e. without rebooting, but it still re-installed the original driver.Computer: Dell Vostro 470 desktop, motherboard unknown.Power Supply: unknown.CPU: Intel Core i7-3770Memory: 4GB (2x2 GB) 1600MHz DDR3 non-ECCMonitor with HDMI Cable Connection: ASUS PB238Q
 08/08/2013 12:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
kerby74
Peon

Asus M11BB desktop with A8-5500 and OEM HD 8350 graphics card doing the same thing to me.

-------------------------
Statistics
88739 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.