I have a setup with Crossfire HD7950's and three Samsung 120hz monitors. Two of those monitors are connected via active miniDP adapters, and the other on a DL-DVI.
For one I've never got crossfire to work correctly with three 120hz monitors. On 13.6 beta drivers I could get all three at 120hz, and they would work 90% of the time without Link Adaper Errors. But in BF3 (2160x1280 - Custom settings, mostly low and diabled MSAA etc) I would get full memory usage and after a while the game would studder like it's locking up, and then continue. After a few of these "lock up studders" it would fully lock the machine.
I have swapped motherboads and no help (Gigabyte Z68 to ASUS Z77), I am so frustrated that I only run one card and have the other one sitting in there doing nothing. I was excieted for the 13.8 drivers. But after installing I cannot get the DL-DVI screen to recognize 120hz, so I can only do Eyefinity at 60hz.
- ASUS P8-Z77-V Deluxe
- Delidded i7 3770k Overclocked to 4.7 Ghz - Water cooled with XSPC Raystom CPU Waterblock
- Crossfire Sapphire HD 7950's
- Kingston Technology HyperX Predator 8GB Kit (2x4GB) 2400MHz
- ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe
- ASUS XONAR ESSENCE STX Sound Card
- Corsair Modular 80 PLUS Platinum (AX1200i) Power Supply
- CM Storm Trooper Case
- Three Black Ice GT Stealth 240 X-Flow Radiators
- XSPC 5.25" Bay Reservoir
- Aerocool EN55369 V12XT Touch Panel Fan Controller
- 6 Noctua NF-F12
- Two Crucial m4 256GB 2.5-Inch SSD's in RAID 0
- Swiftech MCP655TM 12 VDC Laing D5 Vario Pump
- EKWB EK-Ekoolant UV BLUE Coolant
- SteelSeries Merc Stealth Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech G9X Gaming Mouse
- SteelSeries 9HD Large Professional Gaming Mouse Pad
3 Samsung S23A700D120hz, bezel removed, portrait in Eyefinity
Can somebody please help me get this rig up and running the way it should? I've got all this money sitting in my rig doing nothing! I'm really about to sell my two 7950 and go NVIDIA, I can't get this AMD gear to run like it should!