Topic Title: 3 PowerColor HD7870 cards in one PC
Topic Summary: Running into problems configuring 3 5x1 Eyefinity desktops with displays in portrait mode.
Created On: 08/05/2013 06:39 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/05/2013 06:39 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
barnarddale
Peon

We're using 3 PowerColor HD7870 cards in one computer. We have 3 5x1 desktops in portrait orientation.1. When booting, it frequently forgets the configuration, and it takes several HOURS to coax it back into 3 5x1 grids. Unplugging one display or adding an additional display makes it forget the arrangement. Sometimes rotating a display or something makes the rest of the 15 displays forget their arrangement. Savings/restoring presets never works at all--it comes up with a seemingly random set of displays disabled most of the time.2. On one of the 3 video cards, I have a 5x1 grid defined plus a single extended display. All 6 of them are in portrait mode, but it won't let me rotate the 6th display from landscape to portrait. That option simply isn't available even after a reboot. Windows's display options also do not show the rotate drop-down combo to rotate it to portrait.Please let me know how I can work with someone to resolve these problems. We want to replicate this arrangement many times for commercial flight simulators using Lockheed Martin Prepar3D.Our setup:3 PowerColor HD7870 video cards 2GB GDDR5 with no overclocking16 displays including 1 extended desktop and 3 5x1 portrait desktops.amd_catalyst_13.8_beta64-bit Windows 7Thanks for any help you can provide!
 08/05/2013 07:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Eydee
Ninja Zombie Killer

Originally posted by: barnarddale Please let me know how I can work with someone to resolve these problems.

I suggest you contact AMD directly. This is a gaming forum and no gamer has the money for such a config, so we can only guess. Contact link is on the bottom of the page and there are more in one of the stickies.

My personal suggestion/guessing: Turn off UAC, maybe settings will stick then. Asking the IT staff to look around where it is saved (should be saved) in the registry and making a backup when it works could be useful as well.

-------------------------

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 3120MHz | RAM: Kingmax 2x2GB DDR2 800 @ 833MHz| MoBo: MSI K9A2 CF v1.0 (BIOS: 1.D)| GPU: Asus HD 6850 1024MB (DirectCu) @ 835/1135MHz | Display: L24FHD | PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad | OS: MS Windows 3.11 Pro x64

Statistics
87613 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.