Topic Title: HDMI audio not working
Topic Summary: AMD HDMI Audio driver "collapse"
Created On: 08/06/2013 03:36 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/06/2013 03:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
peluzon
Peon

Hi, I have a ATI Radeon HD 7550 and, I ve connected the video card to my TV via HDMI. The thing is that the video works fine, but the audio is not passing to the TV.
When I want to go to the sound options (Windows), its sticks there for a minute or two,then appears. So the only way to solving this manually, is disabling the AMD HDMI device and enabling it again.
This happens too without passing the display to the TV, I mean... from the PC, when I want to open the sound options, the same happend. The audio trough the PC works fine because I have a set of speakers (jack 3.5mm) connected and not using HDMI at all.
I know that is not a problem with Windows, because its a clean install (W7 pro x64), is not a hardware problem, because I had another PC and the same thing happend. This issue start when I start using newer versions of drivers (catalyst suites).
At this time, I have installed the lastest driver 13.8 beta
Mother: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Micro: AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 3.30 GHz
RAM 8 Gb 1666
Videocard: ATI Radeon HD 7750 XFX
Windows 7 x64
And now it got worst! No sound at all in the TV.
Appears the TV connected, the sound seems to be playing (because of the soundbar) but there is no audio.
The audio device (HDMI from the TV) it is set as default. And the TV is configured to Stereo (I have only the speakers of the TV it self, not home cinema)
SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME SOMETHING!

Edited: 08/22/2013 at 10:52 PM by peluzon
 08/22/2013 10:54 PM

Author Icon
peluzon
Peon

Can eny administrator/support/people say something please!?

08/23/2013 04:23 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

When you did the install, did you completely update Windows first, and do the generic chipset drivers from the motherboard manufacturer first? If you uninstall the HDMI Audio drivers from AMD and try the ones on Realtek's website (realtek.com.tw), do you still get the same issue? It's not a common issue from the Error reporting forms, so it may be localized there. There's also a Beta2 version available for 13.8 that may be worth a try as well.

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
 08/23/2013 04:36 PM

Author Icon
peluzon
Peon

Hi!, thxs for answer.

Yes, I did. Windows is up to date. have the chipset driver installed first.

If I uninstall the AMD drivers and install the Realtek one, it says that the HDMI is not pluged in.

I've tried whit the lastest final drivers, the betas as well. Even with the drivers that comes with the chipset (catalyst version 12.8)

09/19/2013 06:25 PM

Author Icon
t0x1n
Peon

Originally posted by: peluzon Hi!, thxs for answer.

Yes, I did. Windows is up to date. have the chipset driver installed first.

If I uninstall the AMD drivers and install the Realtek one, it says that the HDMI is not pluged in.

I've tried whit the lastest final drivers, the betas as well. Even with the drivers that comes with the chipset (catalyst version 12.8)

I recently upgraded my 5750 to 7870 XT and I'm in the same situation.

I got it to work one time (voodoo, have no idea how), but since then I have not been successful. Tries the latest drivers (13.9), audio drivers from the beta (13.10), and realtek AMD HDMI (says it's not plugged in).

I should mention that HDMI audio worked perfectly with my previous 5750 card (same cable, same TV, same HDMI input).

peluzon - have you managed to solve this ?

09/20/2013 12:11 AM

Author Icon
peluzon
Peon

Hi t0x1n!

Still having this issue

The only thing that worked for me, was install the drivers 12.8 (fresh install).

Now... this solution fix the problem we are having, but there's a shame that we cant enjoy all the features of the lastest versions.

NOTE: haved istalled the 12.8 drivers, installing the lastest drivers separely, one by one, I have no problems till updating de video driver.

I hope AMD could check this out, and if you have any suggestion, just let me know please.

NOTE2: A while ago, I haved a HD Radeon 4850. And it works fine till I have updated catalyst suite 13.X

09/20/2013 08:36 AM

Author Icon
t0x1n
Peon

I just installed the audio driver from 12.8, no go.

Have you tried only installing the audio driver rather than the entire package ? To do that, extract the package with e.g. 7-zip and update the driver with "have disk" from 12-8_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc\$_OUTDIR\Packages\Drivers\WDM\HDMICE (choose the folder corresponding to your OS, e.g. W764a)

09/20/2013 09:13 AM

Author Icon
t0x1n
Peon

Never mind, I am an extreme, extreme idiot.

I had an audio out device connected to my TV which had its volume turned all the way down.

Statistics
84931 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.